4k nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

4k nextbox

Every time I turn on my 4K NEXTBOX, I have to go to TV appearance and pick ultraHD TV

and the next time I will turn it on again I will have to go trough the same process.

There is no memory of my settings it always start at 720P.

Any solution?

The 4K NEXTBOX is connected to my AVR that support 4K and then to the 4K TV.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 4k nextbox

Hello @user1961

Hmm that makes no sense. Mine doesn't seem to do that on my Onkyo TX-RZ800. Always remembers the setting for the 4K box in my living room.

I wonder if it's a technician issue?.
I'm an Advisor

Hello @user1961

I don't have a 4K Nextbox, but I have seen this before on my NextBox 2 (8642). Have you tried another HDMI cable?

Given this is a 4K NextBox, are we 100% sure that you are using an HDMI 2.0 cable? (HDMI 2.0 or better cable is required to get 2160p/60). Older spec cables will be limited to 2160p/24. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I have exactly the same problem.  I'm using an Onkyo TX-NR747 receiver with a high speed HDMI cable.

I'm Here A Lot

I have a MARANTZ SR5010 receiver and a new 4K high speed HDMI cable.

A ROGERS tech was at my place on saturday, because my 4K NEXTBOX lost the display settings and he replace the box by a new one, anyway he doesn't have an answer about the problem I have with having to set the appearace (TV TYPE) every time I turn on my TV. 

I'm an Advisor

@user1961, this sounds like a problem with the software on the 4K box, especially since more than one person is having it. Have you asked Rogers to exchange the box for a new one? (to try and rule out hardware issues). 

I'm Here A Lot

Yes the 4K box was replaced with a new one last saturday, with the same result. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

Has anyone tried connecting the NB4K directly to the TV (bypass the AVR)  to see if the problem repeats?

I'm Here A Lot

Yes I did,  connecting directly to the TV did not solve the problem.

I've Been Here Awhile

I am having the same issue. Everytime I turn it on the settings go back to 720p.