4k nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: 4K Nextbox

I have done the instructions exactly as listed and the recordings deleted off the receiver they were programmed on but not the other receivers. Then when I turned the receiver on that they deleted off of, they were back again. I have 5 recording listings that won't delete no matter what I try. Very frustrating.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Renateg wrote:

4K Nextbox - List of problems

Where do I start to begin the list of problems we have with our new 4K Nextbox?

1) never know when we are going to get a black screen or snow screen when we change channels or go from our PS4 and back to TV.   Then we have to turn the tv off and on and the Nextbox off and on repeatedly until we get a picture again. However, I should add that we do get the guide when we have the black screen. 

2). PVR says it is recording a program, shows the red dot which says it's recording, go in to the list of PVR'd items and it shows it is being recorded but then when we go to watch the show nothing is there. Doesn't even show anything recorded.  Missed many shows because of this. Grrrrr.....

3). Lists about 5 shows from 2016 that are set to record but obviously can't record because the date has passed and I can't delete them so our scheduled to record list is never accurate. 

4). It is very noisy. Always buzzing or humming or doing something. Very annoying. 

5). Sometimes it says random channels are unavailable. 

6). Tried to rent an On Demand movie for my daughter and got an error code so we couldn't rent it. 

Not it happy at all with this new unit. Just got it on Saturday at the recommendation of the Rogers store clerk to replace our older Nextbox. We had a Panasonic LED tv and we have the nextbox hooked directly in to the tv with a new HDMI cable.  

I have the exact same problem as #1 here.  no problem with switching channel but switching to another input and coming back would get no signal.  Do we have a solution for this?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nigelncwong

Have you called into Rogers cable tech support and see if they can get a tech to come and check it out? Seems like a signal issue
I Plan to Stick Around

chatting with support right now
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nigelncwong

When I turn on my PS4 and change back to HDMI4 for the cable, it works without any issues. This could be a issue regarding either the signal or input.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @nigelncwong

When I turn on my PS4 and change back to HDMI4 for the cable, it works without any issues. This could be a issue regarding either the signal or input.

I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with the signal from rogers.  there is a problem of handshaking between the nextbox and the tv when switching the input back and forth.  That's why when I unplug the hdmi cable and plug back in the screen would come back.  I have tried disabling the CEC on the TV already but still no go.  I guess I will exchange the box again and see where that goes.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nigelncwong

The best thing to do us to have a tech check it out and see what is happening. Hopefully they can fix it for u!
I'm Here A Lot

Re: 4k nextbox

Just reflecting on my experience with this box (after finally getting it to work about 4 months ago)

Has anyone actually been satisfied with the content enough to justify the 4K box fee, as well as the 4K premium channel fee? I have had the premium channel fee waived for 12 months... but when that ends, I will be cancelling and converting back to a regular box or nextbox 3.0

I would guess that native 4K content is available on the 4K channels approximately 1% of the time (channels 995 - 999) otherwise I am viewing upconverted 1080p content that I would have in any case, even without the 4K box.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @christianfigo

I enjoy it when I can! It might play the same thing over and over but so does regular tv channels.

The fee is waived for everyone for 12 months. After that we pay $10 for it. The channels will get better but it takes time as do remember not all broadcasting systems are in 4K. It takes time. Remember 1080 took years to involve.

I Plan to Stick Around

Its pretty hard to justify. I wound up spending some of last year's tax refund on buying a 4K box so I wouldn't see it as a rental every month psychologically speaking. I'm fine as long as I'm not paying $10/month for the (lack of) content. That being said, I really do enjoy 4k sports broadcasts, but there isn't enough of them. But unless things change drastically by the time I get charged a monthly fee, I'd go back to good ol' HD.