cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k nextbox

user1961
I'm Here A Lot

Every time I turn on my 4K NEXTBOX, I have to go to TV appearance and pick ultraHD TV

and the next time I will turn it on again I will have to go trough the same process.

There is no memory of my settings it always start at 720P.

Any solution?

The 4K NEXTBOX is connected to my AVR that support 4K and then to the 4K TV.

***Edited Labels***

149 REPLIES 149

Re: 4k nextbox

khungus
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry, that meant to say:

In the same way the *4k netbox* saves other preferences,  it also absolutely needs to save the UHD setting beyond initial set-up.

Minab23
I've Been Here Awhile
Does anyone know if there's a way to dim the time on the 4K nextbox..it is so bright and irritating

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Minab23

Unfortunately no there is not. That option is only available for Hehe NextBox 3.0 and 4K PVR box. My old 4K terminal display was bright then one day dimmed by it self.

gp-se
I'm an Advisor
menu -> settings -> system
I have the option to dim my 4K Nextbox

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @gp-se

Hmm my neighbors 4K box does not have this option and same with a few others. Maybe your box has the software the PVR 4K has and most do not ? Hmm..

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

my 4K box is connected to whole home PVR, so perhaps that has something to do with it? Also I only remmember seeing this recently, like around a month ago perhaps? 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @gp-se

Hmm maybe! Maybe yours got a update for it? Good to see though

Minab23
I've Been Here Awhile
Thanks for the info.. it happened to be on low which is what I was complaining about as it was still quite bright though I was able to shut it off completely!!! Thanks again!!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Minab23

Glad it worked out!

Re: 4K Nextbox

Renateg
I've Been Here Awhile

4K Nextbox - List of problems

Where do I start to begin the list of problems we have with our new 4K Nextbox?

1) never know when we are going to get a black screen or snow screen when we change channels or go from our PS4 and back to TV.   Then we have to turn the tv off and on and the Nextbox off and on repeatedly until we get a picture again. However, I should add that we do get the guide when we have the black screen. 

2). PVR says it is recording a program, shows the red dot which says it's recording, go in to the list of PVR'd items and it shows it is being recorded but then when we go to watch the show nothing is there. Doesn't even show anything recorded.  Missed many shows because of this. Grrrrr.....

3). Lists about 5 shows from 2016 that are set to record but obviously can't record because the date has passed and I can't delete them so our scheduled to record list is never accurate. 

4). It is very noisy. Always buzzing or humming or doing something. Very annoying. 

5). Sometimes it says random channels are unavailable. 

6). Tried to rent an On Demand movie for my daughter and got an error code so we couldn't rent it. 

Not it happy at all with this new unit. Just got it on Saturday at the recommendation of the Rogers store clerk to replace our older Nextbox. We had a Panasonic LED tv and we have the nextbox hooked directly in to the tv with a new HDMI cable.  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Renateg

Hmm that doesn't seem right. I have owned both the 4K box and the 4K PVR box ( own both still hit mainly use the 4K PVR box) and do not have issues like you at all. It's plugged into my Sony 55X850XBR with a Monster black platinum HDMI cord.

Black screens only happen when I change the channel and or when I turn the PS4 OFF and take a millisecond to go back to HDMI 4 and show display.

All cable boxes which have a DVR / PVR functions have a bit of noise. Just like a laptop does it desktop. They will have a noise as the HDD is running in the background even when in standby. Bell has this as well.

The channel issue you are having that show ( unavailable) maybe due to either cable issue or signal coming it. This isn't a box issue. That's most likely a signal issue.

The Rogers on demand issue again is not a issue with the box it self. It's due most likely due to their software / signal issue.

Have you asked for a tech to come by and check all this out? Have you tried to bring that box back and get another one?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Renateg wrote:

1) never know when we are going to get a black screen or snow screen when we change channels or go from our PS4 and back to TV.   Then we have to turn the tv off and on and the Nextbox off and on repeatedly until we get a picture again. However, I should add that we do get the guide when we have the black screen. 

2). PVR says it is recording a program, shows the red dot which says it's recording, go in to the list of PVR'd items and it shows it is being recorded but then when we go to watch the show nothing is there. Doesn't even show anything recorded.  Missed many shows because of this. Grrrrr.....

3). Lists about 5 shows from 2016 that are set to record but obviously can't record because the date has passed and I can't delete them so our scheduled to record list is never accurate. 

4). It is very noisy. Always buzzing or humming or doing something. Very annoying. 

6). Tried to rent an On Demand movie for my daughter and got an error code so we couldn't rent it. 

Not it happy at all with this new unit. Just got it on Saturday at the recommendation of the Rogers store clerk to replace our older Nextbox. We had a Panasonic LED tv and we have the nextbox hooked directly in to the tv with a new HDMI cable.  

Let me reinforce some of the items as discussed in the post above.

1. Black screen when changing channels is almost a signal strength issue in your home or in your area. Call Rogers and have them check your signal, which they can do remotely.  The fact that you have the guide indicates that there is a signal on the PVR and there is a channel/signal issue.

2. This can also happen due to a poor signal. The recording "starts" but because the signal is poor, there is no recording done.

3. You can delete these "zombie" recordings. See the following link for instructions:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

4. There should be a soft whooshing sound due to the hard drive.  If it's louder than that, you may have a "bad" PVR, which you may wish to exchange if you are renting.

5. This is again a signal issue. The PVR is not properly sending a return signal and you cannot tune what are called "SDV" channels (switched digital video).

6. Again, probably return signal related.

A huge number of problems discussed on this forum are due to a poor signal at your home or in your area.

Renateg
I've Been Here Awhile
Thank you for your reply 57. I have tried doing what you suggested to delete the zombie recording but they still won't delete. I have tried unplugging every single cable box in our house at the same time for 30 minutes and then rebooting them and they are still there. We even got the new 4K nextbox PVR and they are still there. We only have one pvr in our house and it has been replaced with the 4K. I will have to put in a service call for the poor signal issue. Is it normal for our signal to change. We have had Rogers cable for almost a year now and never had any problems, now all of the sudden we are.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Renateg

1. The instructions for deleting zombie recordings have worked for everyone else who has tried them. Make sure you follow them carefully because one of the options doesn't come up until after another item has been selected.  Also, if you have WHPVR, you'll need to delete on the PVR where the items are/were recorded.

2. Signal can deteriorate for many reasons - loose connection in your home, loose connection outside your home, branch drops on a line, etc

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Renateg

Most of the issues that you are experiencing are most likely from a signal issue as me and 57 have mentioned. Signal issue can happen in a cut wire, outside wiring not good, tree branches causing this. Anything is possible.

I would highly suggest just calling Rogers and asking them to send a tech out to check everything and make sure all is good and fixed for u. Have them test it after wiring has been changed as well.

2001 Audio video has the Rogers 4K NetBox for $ 319.99 - You may want to check this out

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @mengle

Yes that is correct which it was posted before but some are asking about the PVR 4K box. :).

Renateg
I've Been Here Awhile
I have done the instructions exactly as listed and the recordings deleted off the receiver they were programmed on but not the other receivers. Then when I turned the receiver on that they deleted off of, they were back again. I have 5 recording listings that won't delete no matter what I try. Very frustrating.

nigelncwong
I Plan to Stick Around

@Renateg wrote:

I have the exact same problem as #1 here.  no problem with switching channel but switching to another input and coming back would get no signal.  Do we have a solution for this?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nigelncwong

Have you called into Rogers cable tech support and see if they can get a tech to come and check it out? Seems like a signal issue

nigelncwong
I Plan to Stick Around
chatting with support right now