cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k nextbox

user1961
I'm Here A Lot

Every time I turn on my 4K NEXTBOX, I have to go to TV appearance and pick ultraHD TV

and the next time I will turn it on again I will have to go trough the same process.

There is no memory of my settings it always start at 720P.

Any solution?

The 4K NEXTBOX is connected to my AVR that support 4K and then to the 4K TV.

***Edited Labels***

149 REPLIES 149

Re: 4k nextbox

kh29
I Plan to Stick Around

i heard that netbox 4k pvr suppose to come out in april and we are in june. do you know when netbox 4k pvr will come out 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @kh29

It got pushed to Summer 2016 due to some issues. but yet has been announced. Nothing official has been posted ( just a source I know within)

christianfigo
I'm Here A Lot

Just had a tech come out yesterday -- first thing he mentioned was that the 4K boxes weren't working, and asked me if I still wanted to try. Tried the installation -- and received an interface issue -- he said its a software issue and there's no ETA on the fix. Wouldn't try the zapping solution mentioned in this thread. Now I have a pending reschedule for when this issue is fixed -- funny that Rogers would send out a tech for installation despite this being a known issue.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @christianfigo

Only the Samsung KS models are having this issue. I have the JU and a OLED at home which are working fine. It seems Rogers has dropped the ball on this and hopefully fixes the issues. Had a customer of mine call me yesterday about the issue and might leave Rogers because of it. I told him to wait off a bit if possible.

I'm on a Vizio M60-C3 and I'm experiencing the issue -- so it may not be isolated to those Samsung models.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @christianfigo

Hmm first time hearing it on a Vizio. This is becoming a bigger problem then it was when it started.

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

@christianfigo wrote:

I'm on a Vizio M60-C3 and I'm experiencing the issue -- so it may not be isolated to those Samsung models.

Its not TV related... I have SONY 4K with this issue but after 1 month and 6 tech and complaining to the highest level on Rogers, zapping the box method fixed the issue.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @seadooxp30

So it finally worked eh? Hopefully they have u something for all. Those issues.

SnoopDoggLA
I Plan to Stick Around

I think you might just be lucky. They tried zapping my box and still didn't work. As long as it works for you, but I've never seen a company drop the ball on something they were pushing so hard like they have with the 4K boxes. 2 months later and still many people are down. This is just crazy. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @SnoopDoggLA

It is crazy as i have some other customers of mine come back and complain that they can not watch TV on their Samsung KS models and switched to the Sony X930D or the X850D and are happy now with no issues..

sserhan2
I've Been Here Awhile
I have this same issue. Since the day I got it in April. I told tech about it many times but no solution. Happy to see its not just me. It always goes back to 720p, real annoying. And in 4k sometimes I lose sound or the picture chops. When you guys say "zapping the box" fixed it for some of you, what do you mean by that exactly. What does zapping the box entail

sserhan2
I've Been Here Awhile
Also is the 4k pvr out yet? Pretty sure simmer 2016 has come and gone

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @sserhan2

No the 4K PVR box is not out yet unfortunately. No word or ETA at this time.

Exactly my thoughts. If Rogers doesn't come up with a 4K PVR for sale, I'll be switching my service. It's a complete rip-off to get forced into renting hardware indefinitly. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @jj2711

We shall see but by the looks of it, it only seems like it's for rent

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@jj2711 wrote:

Exactly my thoughts. If Rogers doesn't come up with a 4K PVR for sale, I'll be switching my service. It's a complete rip-off to get forced into renting hardware indefinitly. 

Do you really want to buy a piece of equipment outright after it's just been introduced? Actually, Rogers did have a rent-to-own plan for PVRs that wqas the best deal of all and gave you a 3-year warranty.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

khungus
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi, did you ever get this solved?

The weirdest thing is that this was a complete non-issue for me when my 4K box connected directly to my TV.... now that it goes into my new 4K AVR (Denon), I must reset the settings every time.

Which to me suggests it might not be the Nextbox but something to do with power/AVRs?

If you did solve it, I'd be curious to know your solution.  Thanks.

Well may be a combination.

My guess might be..

That the BOX itself, resets its settings, when it looses connection to something. not necessarily an on/off loose, but more like if its considered 'disconected'.

I wonder if with the receiver.. that when its being turned off.. its doing more of a hard cut... that the box is viewing as a full disconnect?

HoarseWhisperer
I've Been Here Awhile
Interested into any solutions. The 4K works fine until I turn the system off. When turned back on, the nextbox defaults to 720 P and has to be reset to ultra HD. Using a Denon receiver HDCP 2.2 compliant.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @HoarseWhisperer

I noticed all the issues everyone is having is with a receiver. Everyone else that had no receiver I noticed hasn't had any issues.

khungus
I Plan to Stick Around

I haven't solved it yet. I had read somewhere that if you have a Harmony remote, programming it to turn off the cable box BEFORE the receiver was the way to go... I gave that a shot but no-go.  I might spend more time with it (ie: increase the delay between commands) but it is super-frustrating for sure.

Surely the box itself could use a permanent save setting as well - it's not like power is being completely cut off by the receiver (for example, the TV listings/channels are all there and dont need to be reloaded).

In the same way the receiver saves other preferences, the 4K box absolutely needs to save the UHD setting beyond initial set-up.