4k nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: 4k nextbox

Interested into any solutions. The 4K works fine until I turn the system off. When turned back on, the nextbox defaults to 720 P and has to be reset to ultra HD. Using a Denon receiver HDCP 2.2 compliant.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @HoarseWhisperer

I noticed all the issues everyone is having is with a receiver. Everyone else that had no receiver I noticed hasn't had any issues.
I Plan to Stick Around

I haven't solved it yet. I had read somewhere that if you have a Harmony remote, programming it to turn off the cable box BEFORE the receiver was the way to go... I gave that a shot but no-go.  I might spend more time with it (ie: increase the delay between commands) but it is super-frustrating for sure.

Surely the box itself could use a permanent save setting as well - it's not like power is being completely cut off by the receiver (for example, the TV listings/channels are all there and dont need to be reloaded).

In the same way the receiver saves other preferences, the 4K box absolutely needs to save the UHD setting beyond initial set-up.

I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry, that meant to say:

In the same way the *4k netbox* saves other preferences,  it also absolutely needs to save the UHD setting beyond initial set-up.

I've Been Here Awhile

Does anyone know if there's a way to dim the time on the 4K nextbox..it is so bright and irritating
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Minab23

Unfortunately no there is not. That option is only available for Hehe NextBox 3.0 and 4K PVR box. My old 4K terminal display was bright then one day dimmed by it self.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

menu -> settings -> system
I have the option to dim my 4K Nextbox

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gp-se

Hmm my neighbors 4K box does not have this option and same with a few others. Maybe your box has the software the PVR 4K has and most do not ? Hmm..
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

my 4K box is connected to whole home PVR, so perhaps that has something to do with it? Also I only remmember seeing this recently, like around a month ago perhaps? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gp-se

Hmm maybe! Maybe yours got a update for it? Good to see though