4k nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: 4k nextbox

I think you might just be lucky. They tried zapping my box and still didn't work. As long as it works for you, but I've never seen a company drop the ball on something they were pushing so hard like they have with the 4K boxes. 2 months later and still many people are down. This is just crazy. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SnoopDoggLA

It is crazy as i have some other customers of mine come back and complain that they can not watch TV on their Samsung KS models and switched to the Sony X930D or the X850D and are happy now with no issues..
I've Been Here Awhile

I have this same issue. Since the day I got it in April. I told tech about it many times but no solution. Happy to see its not just me. It always goes back to 720p, real annoying. And in 4k sometimes I lose sound or the picture chops. When you guys say "zapping the box" fixed it for some of you, what do you mean by that exactly. What does zapping the box entail
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Also is the 4k pvr out yet? Pretty sure simmer 2016 has come and gone
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sserhan2

No the 4K PVR box is not out yet unfortunately. No word or ETA at this time.
I've Been Around

Exactly my thoughts. If Rogers doesn't come up with a 4K PVR for sale, I'll be switching my service. It's a complete rip-off to get forced into renting hardware indefinitly. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jj2711

We shall see but by the looks of it, it only seems like it's for rent
I'm a Senior Advisor

@jj2711 wrote:

Exactly my thoughts. If Rogers doesn't come up with a 4K PVR for sale, I'll be switching my service. It's a complete rip-off to get forced into renting hardware indefinitly. 

Do you really want to buy a piece of equipment outright after it's just been introduced? Actually, Rogers did have a rent-to-own plan for PVRs that wqas the best deal of all and gave you a 3-year warranty.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi, did you ever get this solved?

The weirdest thing is that this was a complete non-issue for me when my 4K box connected directly to my TV.... now that it goes into my new 4K AVR (Denon), I must reset the settings every time.

Which to me suggests it might not be the Nextbox but something to do with power/AVRs?

If you did solve it, I'd be curious to know your solution.  Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well may be a combination.

My guess might be..

That the BOX itself, resets its settings, when it looses connection to something. not necessarily an on/off loose, but more like if its considered 'disconected'.

I wonder if with the receiver.. that when its being turned off.. its doing more of a hard cut... that the box is viewing as a full disconnect?