4k nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 4k nextbox

Hello @dfarrow5

Have you tried going into the settings and going to troubleshoot and factory resetting the box?. That might fix it. If not have a tech come back and replace the box for you since the box is not available in stores.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unless you absolutely need it, try turning the HDMI-CEC feature off in your TV and in your AVR's user settings.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks...tried to disable HDMI CEC, restore and reboot the box..still have the same issue.

So far, based on my experiences in general with the 4K box as well as the Navigatr OS (not sure what they were thinking when they spelled it this way), the SW & FW on this box were been released prematurely.  There are still many bugs with this and the 3.0 box....Search, Recommendations, ROD and PVR functions (w/whole home pvr) and do not always work properly.  For programs that are recoreded, the Navigator info screen does not allow scrolling so we cannot view the all of the program infofor the show....

Rogers really needs to do a better job with their product releases and launch products that are ready for the consumer environment.  If they are releasing beta products, then that should be stated clearly and let people decide if they want to try out beta products....this has been a big headache so far.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @almurji

I do agree but Let's keep this As a 4K box thread. There is a thread to report issues with the Navigatr and NB 3.0 as well. Also just to make it clear they both don't run the exact same version.

As for the update on the 4K box. I don't have many issues other then some issues On Shomi or ROD. The PVR Box isn't coming out until April as they announced.
I'm an Advisor

Hello @almurji,

Have you tried another HDMI cable? You could even use an older one - set the box to "1080p" and see if it sticks. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks...the issues i listed are also prevalent on the 4K.  With respect to the PVR function, I was referring to using the 4K box to access my recording on my 3.0 PVR box.  Anyway, I do see a very long list of issues with Navigatr in a separate thread so will post there.

Thanks.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have tried multiple HDMI cables...one provided with Rogers and a second that I use to stream 4K content from my Nvidia Shield TV, which support 60fps 4K.  Unfortnately, sitll no luck...1080p also defaluts back to 720p.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @almurji

The Whole Home PVR won't work on the 4K box until the 4K PVR Box comes out. This was also announced when the 4K box was released. Plus I don't think it will work backwards from what Technicolor has said.
I've Been Here Awhile

We had a 4K Nextbox installed two weeks ago,   Worked fine until yesterday when we tried to do a simple reboot by unplugging and waiting 15 seconds then plugging back in -and the box never worked again.    Spent 1/2 hour on phone with tech who obviously had no knowledge of 4K box.   Ended up booking appt for a tech to come out this morning to replace the box, which took over an hour before he could get it working.    

While the picture looks great on the ONE. channel that gives you 4K, starting to wonder if this is even worth it, as now I see I will have to make yet another call to tech support because 5 hours have passed since it was installed and the On Demand still isn't working.    

Just curious if anyone else has experienced glitches or problems with their 4K box?    The tech on phone said they can be sensitive and the tech who switched out the boxes said if we could avoid trying to reboot that would be best.   Great.   

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Heyleeloo

The On Demand issues did happen when I first got both my boxes but got fixed a couple hours later due to a ticket that opened. I never had any issues rebooting them and no picture