cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k nextbox

user1961
I'm Here A Lot

Every time I turn on my 4K NEXTBOX, I have to go to TV appearance and pick ultraHD TV

and the next time I will turn it on again I will have to go trough the same process.

There is no memory of my settings it always start at 720P.

Any solution?

The 4K NEXTBOX is connected to my AVR that support 4K and then to the 4K TV.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 4k nextbox

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello everybody. I am pretty sure this has been disproven/debunked in a previous discussion. I remember there was a earlier post about BBC Earth and ppl who were on grandfathered packages wanted it and were told to migrate off their package to an in market package to get it then someone finally confirmed the newer launches channels CAN be added to grandfathered packages and the reps were uneducated on how to do this but some where and did it to some accounts. And we know Rogers cable had their share of negative billing etc from the past.

Let me find the post where someone was on grandfathered tv pkg and was able to add new channels WITHOUT being forced to change to the new teir

View solution in original post

149 REPLIES 149

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @user1961

Hmm that makes no sense. Mine doesn't seem to do that on my Onkyo TX-RZ800. Always remembers the setting for the 4K box in my living room.

I wonder if it's a technician issue?.

Hello @user1961

I don't have a 4K Nextbox, but I have seen this before on my NextBox 2 (8642). Have you tried another HDMI cable?

Given this is a 4K NextBox, are we 100% sure that you are using an HDMI 2.0 cable? (HDMI 2.0 or better cable is required to get 2160p/60). Older spec cables will be limited to 2160p/24. 

almurji
I've Been Here Awhile

I have exactly the same problem.  I'm using an Onkyo TX-NR747 receiver with a high speed HDMI cable.

I have a MARANTZ SR5010 receiver and a new 4K high speed HDMI cable.

A ROGERS tech was at my place on saturday, because my 4K NEXTBOX lost the display settings and he replace the box by a new one, anyway he doesn't have an answer about the problem I have with having to set the appearace (TV TYPE) every time I turn on my TV. 

@user1961, this sounds like a problem with the software on the 4K box, especially since more than one person is having it. Have you asked Rogers to exchange the box for a new one? (to try and rule out hardware issues). 

Yes the 4K box was replaced with a new one last saturday, with the same result. 

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Has anyone tried connecting the NB4K directly to the TV (bypass the AVR)  to see if the problem repeats?

Yes I did,  connecting directly to the TV did not solve the problem.

dfarrow5
I've Been Here Awhile
I am having the same issue. Everytime I turn it on the settings go back to 720p.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @dfarrow5

Have you tried going into the settings and going to troubleshoot and factory resetting the box?. That might fix it. If not have a tech come back and replace the box for you since the box is not available in stores.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unless you absolutely need it, try turning the HDMI-CEC feature off in your TV and in your AVR's user settings.

almurji
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks...tried to disable HDMI CEC, restore and reboot the box..still have the same issue.

So far, based on my experiences in general with the 4K box as well as the Navigatr OS (not sure what they were thinking when they spelled it this way), the SW & FW on this box were been released prematurely.  There are still many bugs with this and the 3.0 box....Search, Recommendations, ROD and PVR functions (w/whole home pvr) and do not always work properly.  For programs that are recoreded, the Navigator info screen does not allow scrolling so we cannot view the all of the program infofor the show....

Rogers really needs to do a better job with their product releases and launch products that are ready for the consumer environment.  If they are releasing beta products, then that should be stated clearly and let people decide if they want to try out beta products....this has been a big headache so far.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @almurji

I do agree but Let's keep this As a 4K box thread. There is a thread to report issues with the Navigatr and NB 3.0 as well. Also just to make it clear they both don't run the exact same version.

As for the update on the 4K box. I don't have many issues other then some issues On Shomi or ROD. The PVR Box isn't coming out until April as they announced.

Hello @almurji,

Have you tried another HDMI cable? You could even use an older one - set the box to "1080p" and see if it sticks. 

almurji
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks...the issues i listed are also prevalent on the 4K.  With respect to the PVR function, I was referring to using the 4K box to access my recording on my 3.0 PVR box.  Anyway, I do see a very long list of issues with Navigatr in a separate thread so will post there.

Thanks.

almurji
I've Been Here Awhile

I have tried multiple HDMI cables...one provided with Rogers and a second that I use to stream 4K content from my Nvidia Shield TV, which support 60fps 4K.  Unfortnately, sitll no luck...1080p also defaluts back to 720p.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @almurji

The Whole Home PVR won't work on the 4K box until the 4K PVR Box comes out. This was also announced when the 4K box was released. Plus I don't think it will work backwards from what Technicolor has said.

Heyleeloo
I've Been Here Awhile

We had a 4K Nextbox installed two weeks ago,   Worked fine until yesterday when we tried to do a simple reboot by unplugging and waiting 15 seconds then plugging back in -and the box never worked again.    Spent 1/2 hour on phone with tech who obviously had no knowledge of 4K box.   Ended up booking appt for a tech to come out this morning to replace the box, which took over an hour before he could get it working.    

While the picture looks great on the ONE. channel that gives you 4K, starting to wonder if this is even worth it, as now I see I will have to make yet another call to tech support because 5 hours have passed since it was installed and the On Demand still isn't working.    

Just curious if anyone else has experienced glitches or problems with their 4K box?    The tech on phone said they can be sensitive and the tech who switched out the boxes said if we could avoid trying to reboot that would be best.   Great.   

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Heyleeloo

The On Demand issues did happen when I first got both my boxes but got fixed a couple hours later due to a ticket that opened. I never had any issues rebooting them and no picture

caddy26
I've Been Here Awhile

Just a quick question, bought 4k tv.. interested in 4k box.. does the 4k nextbox come with hdmi 2.0 cable, or does it even support hdmi 2.0.. does the regular programming look "improved" with the 4k nextbox (when it works from what I read lol).. is it even worth the hassle at this current point in time to even bother getting the 4k nextbox, or let the bugs get worked out first.. comments and advice please!