4k box without a 4k TV any advantage?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: 4k box without a 4k TV any advantage?

Those are some nice TVs! Had a Sharp LC-70LE757U 1080p set which was fantastic for 2 years...till it broke down. Worked with BestBuy Bramalea to replace the set under warranty. Could not get a comparable Sharp (they were out of stock and said they wouldn't replenish) and was able to get a Vizio M70-C3. 

Nice UHD set with great picture quality - no HDR, but good video scaling, local dimming and great for gaming. If anyone is looking for a low cost big screen, I would not hesitate to recommend it!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I ocassionaly do some consulting type stuff (part of my own personal computer + company i do on the side of my regular job).. and have been looking at the Vizio ones ocassionaly for some people.

For the PRICE they seem to be really good.
Interesting that many of them appear to come with ROKU pre loaded on them?
(curious if they have access then to ALL the regular roku apps?)

Hoping the rogers 4k box comes through with the NETFLIX stuff soon too.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @robindp & @Gdkitty

While the price is great and all, u get what u paid for.. Believe it or not many customers at my work and Our flagship store downtown Toronto get 65" + Vizios returned to us on a daily basis either with the product not being to what the customer wants and many of the 65" Vizio M series have problems with the LED panel. Just a couple days ago I had a customer which got the 75" M series and the panel was smashed and there was no remote in the box. This was order from our warehouse which comes from Vizio. Also did you know that LG Remotes fan work on Vizio TV'S and vise versa Smiley Happy

I'm an Advisor

Hello @Gdkitty,

Just checked and the roku app is not on the set, unfortunately. 

@Meowmix, I have heard about the 65 inchers having problems, but not the 70 inchers. For my own knowledge, are you seeing returns of the 70 inch broken panels? Also, the M70-C3 is getting great reviews everywhere online, with the general consensus being that the video quality is outstanding for what was once a budget brand. I can concur, especially after owning various Sharp, Samsung, LG and other displays. 

By by the way, here is a video showing was happened to my Sharp - bad power supply and panel: https://youtu.be/Z8cYTLAY3vk

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think its only the LOWER end ones.. are ROKU.

The 'OS' that its running, is ROKU (shows up on the top i think... Vizio Roku)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gdkitty

The non 4K Vizios have Roku TV. Sharp is the only other one running Roku TV. Samsung has Tizon, Sony has Android and LG has WebOS 2.0 / 3.0.
I Plan to Stick Around

My question would be, is the box better? Does it have a faster CPU, or at least work a little more briskly than Navigatr on the Nextbox 3.0 does?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SkaGoat

So far yes. I have 2 4K Boxs and my NB3 still and so far the new 4K box is faster and doesn't freeze up or have some issues the NB3 has.