4K tv not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 4K tv not working

Hello @57

Actually for your information it did exist. All 2016 TV models were produced and also in prototype stage 2 years ago. Our Samsung rep attended a meeting with Rogers early last year ( around February 2015) before the 4K box was even announced and they were told all current 2016 models were being tested with the boxes... Thus why samsung and Rogers advertised it with the box. That I know as i seen them emails.

You also have to realize that if someone is considering a $3,000 tv, Rogers Should advertise that it may not work due to the software in the 4K box. Now on my 65inch 4k OLED its working just fine as its a 2016 unit ( got the early stage model before it was even released). Also would like to add that Technicolor were selling those units almost a year ago. The issue seems to be with the software Rogers has. The current UI is having issues.

Anyways in the end of the day, this needs to be addressed by them and fixed asap. It's causing many problem for them.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Agreed, and since it's an issue that makes the 4K TV "useless", I'm sure it has a high priority.  As an FYI, the issue over on Bell Fibe has been ongoing since March on some 4K TVs. I believe that Sony is the worst hit.

I seem to remember someone posted a possible fix which "disables" some of the advanced (enhanced) 4K features in the TV's HDMI menu (perhaps elsewhere) and allows the "older" firmware on Bell and Rogers to function.  4K is developing so fast with various features coming out all the time requiring "communication" between the TV and the STB.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @57

You also have to think that HDR is enabled on the new tvs 2016 models and such the 4K box should be able to handle it. I spoke to technicolor and they said it's the software Rogers puts into the box that causes it. It's the Navigatr UI which is causing it. ( Technicolor is the box manufacturer).

We shall see what happens. Hopefully soon we get it fixed.
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix wrote:
Hello @57

You also have to think that HDR is enabled on the new tvs 2016 models and such the 4K box should be able to handle it. I spoke to technicolor and they said it's the software Rogers puts into the box that causes it. It's the Navigatr UI which is causing it. ( Technicolor is the box manufacturer).

Someone from Rogers managment team called me to say they want to to try few things before sending the S tech.

I told them about this cable card issue and he said they are aware of it... I hope they rae

I'm back at home an waiting for them to call me bck

Will keep you all posted

Fingers crossed!!!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

Let us know! Hopefully they can fix this asap and also make it know it was a major issue. I guess many noticed the issue and Samsung let them know as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

seadooxp30 wrote:

Meowmix wrote:
Hello @57

Someone from Rogers managment team called me to say they want to to try few things before sending the S tech.

I told them about this cable card issue and he said they are aware of it... I hope they rae

I'm back at home an waiting for them to call me bck

Will keep you all posted

Fingers crossed!!!

Well they tried to push another firmware and still same issue... The only difference is now rogers phone number on the screen to call is 444-444-4444

Looks like Rogers phone number in UK :-(

They are going to try another firmware and if that doesnt work sending S Tech to my house.

Man cant wait to see S tech. He is probably going to reboot the box using key combination on the box and remote

I am so mad at Rogers. I wish we had better options to go to for 4K TV box and provider...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

Have u spoken to them to see if they can reimburse you for the months rental fee and the cable charge seeing as u have so many issues?
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix wrote:
Hello @seadooxp30

Have u spoken to them to see if they can reimburse you for the months rental fee and the cable charge seeing as u have so many issues?

Yes :-) I actually have the box for free for next 12 months before all these issue started....

I'm hoping to get even more from Rogers for all these phone calls back and forth and driving home to reboot the box.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

Thats great to hear! Hopefully they can do something for u!
I Plan to Stick Around

OK after 5 days I officially give up.

I have never seen a tech company so un organzided that they cant even fix their own network!!

Today S Tech came by and lowered my signal level (It was too HIGH!!!) changed the box and still same issue

Topic Stats