4K tv not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: 4K tv not working

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @seadooxp30

When asking for a tech to come over, have them put a note on the request and report to have the tech go into the service menu to check if everything is okay there and make sure all the updates are on including the USB one.

I am in contact with Tech supervisor or L2 or whatever they are called and he told me that they cant do the update from USB.

Its like talking to a company that still operate in 1970!!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If the guys or tech support knew how to fix this they would not have pushed it through to engineering. Trust me I covered all possibilities.

When I called tech today I taught them how to get a diagnostic as it was new information to them.

It's new tech, everyone is working on perfection.

I will figure this out and inform the forum when I do.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@F5i wrote:

I'm sorry to inform you that the techs that came to my house most definitely do not have that as a solution at all. I asked about it.

They also did not know what I posted this morning. 

Which is why I have provided the information publicly 

Trust me we know more that tech guys.

He was telling me the issue is with my HDMI cable!!! really...

You see theerror message asking me to call Rogers and they tell me its HDMI cable 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @F5i

Thats what is going on. With new tech it's still new so not all of them are aware of issues or problems that are going on. Also it seems the techs aren't trained as much to go into the service menus and such either.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@F5i wrote:

I'm sorry to inform you that the techs that came to my house most definitely do not have that as a solution at all. I asked about it.

They also did not know what I posted this morning. 

Which is why I have provided the information publicly 

Thank you so much F5i

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

Yeah i agree. I don't know honestly hopefully this gets fixed ASAP for u guys.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried different cable when they said that to me and the same issue came up I agree with seadooxp30
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @F5i

Even if u do, the most that will happen is the Mods will pass the information along to the back end up its upto the back end to see what going on and if it can be fixed with a a update or what not.

Let us know though.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @F5i

Its not the HDMI cable and i can assure u and everyone that. The HDMI cable won't create this. It's internal. It's within the box and firmware or update needed.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @F5i

Its not the HDMI cable and i can assure u and everyone that. The HDMI cable won't create this. It's internal. It's within the box and firmware or update needed.

Agree 100%

the message coming from box via the hdmi cable to the TV 🙂 I know

Its Rogers tech and people on the phone that dont know