4K tv not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: 4K tv not working

# technician

3 different 4K boxes

Still get this message!!!!

The user Interface is currently not available.Attempting an automatic reload in 1 minute. If you continu to see this message after multiple automatic reloads please call customer servis - 888-764-3771

Anyone have any idea ??? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

Hmm seems to be a issue with the with the firmware on those boxes which is causing a major issue.
I Plan to Stick Around

You are absolutely correct.

And sad part is that their technisians have no clue!!

what does it take to bring the proper firmware on USB and push the firmware on the box.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

Most techs aren't aware of issues like this unless it's been dispatched out to them via email or contact. It doesn't seem like it has which is kinda worrying me as many with the Samsung KS models or even the Sony models are having issues.
I Plan to Stick Around

4K Netbox  NOT working - CABLE CARD DOWNLOAD - NOT TRIGGERED

Ok so here is the info. The techs, don't know whats going on, support can't answer anything that is obvious and there is really no "how to" or advice on the support side.

This is what I know --> The Cable Card is not active. IF you unplug the device and hold down the power button and then plug it back in you will get two error codes. NO 38 and Er:81.

Continue to wait and you will get that fun "Boot" message on the box . While you are waiting the system will search for a USB to boot off of to load the Cable Card which isn't installed.

Then your tv will land on a splash screen like this.

IMG_20160512_074156.jpg

No kidding? We already knew that.

IMG_20160512_074405.jpg

Did I hold "down" five seconds yup I sure did....a bunch of times (both the power button on the box and the "down" key on the remote. At least its totally unclear...lovely. Also didn't work at all!

Then it gives you a fun message: Which is yet another useless screen Smiley Wink

IMG_20160512_074504.jpg

After all of this look at your TV screen again

IMG_20160512_074509.jpg

The "NETWORK" isn't allowing the Cable Card Download to happen.

I suggest Rogers should make that download available so we can put it on a USB plug it in the back of the unit and be on our way.

Just like a computer the 4k Box will look for a USB in priority as it loads.

for now I will just enjoy the  4k message of my downgraded cable life "attempting an automatic reload in 1 minute. If you continue to see this message after multiple automatic reloads please call customer service - 888-764-3771"

Dear Resident - Please make the Cable Card download available  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @F5i

Unfortunately I can't make anything happen as i do not work for Rogers. I can pass the information on to the appropriate team that I speak to and see if they can do something.

This is something a technician has to do as they should have a USB for it. If not maybe the boxes needs to be reinstalled with u the new firmware and the USB key as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

That's what I said, I'll call myself and make the obvious more obvious.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @F5i

That a good call. Hopefully this is something they can figure out and fix this asap!
I Plan to Stick Around

Dear F5i,

Thank you so much for your great post...

Hopefully Rogers tech can take care of it for me

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

Most likely they will if they have the USB key or have the software updated to be able to pass through this. It's in the service menu they can do it.
Topic Stats