4K tv not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 4K tv not working

Hello @seadooxp30

Even when ur boxs starts working, it won't communicate with the NB3.. That's what I am trying to say. When u connect the NB3, the Orange light on the 4K box "Home Networking" will turn off. I have tested this as well. If u check the other thread u will see that I pointed this out last week. I'll contact my buddy and see what he says but even then he said that only works for the new 4K PVR box which isn't out yet. We shall see. Hopefully a firmware update will fix this

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

This is were i point it out.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for confirmation.

I guess the technician doesnt know (Surprise surprise).

We know more than Rogers technicians!!!

btw- My 4K box is still going into 1-2-3-4-5 and reboot after 2 days.

Had 4 calles alll the way to supervisior as well

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

No worries. The Home Networking does mean that it will do the Whole Home PVR but it's not yet activated so that's why. The light will always be on from the new firmware update.

Hmm seems to me that either a bad signal to have it working aka provisioning problem on the back end or have them send out another tech with a new box to see.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

They are sending out 2nd tech with 3rd box today!

They have similar issues in Ontario with their boxes but 4K boxes are the one that having lots of issues,

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

Most issues I noticed is with the new Samsung 2016 tvs. Due to the firmware on both the tv and box it won't handle it. Now this. Thankfuly mine hasn't had issues like this only on the first day or two i did.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This one is box issue. I have Sony 4K TV.

Actually is firmware/box/Rogers  issue to be exact 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

Which Sony 4K tv do you have? Just so we know we well. I am taking my 4K box to my store to see which tvs it will work at and which it won't.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have XBR65X810C

I know it works with this TV since I had rogers 4K box when it came out and worked with my TV.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

Its most likely the box that it's causing it. Ask them not to update the firmware and to leave it but I don't know if they can do that.

Great tv that is but it's so think and the low end of the XBR models. Nonetheles great one
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Got the TV during the sale at great price so I'm happy with the picture and 4K quality so far.