4K tv not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: 4K tv not working

@OLDYELLR

You have stated in this and another thread - "most sports don't even need really high definition except those i

nvolving precision equipment, like motorsports"

As one who watches a lot of your so-called "stick and ball sports", I would like you to explain how you justify such a statement.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @TheArcher

I guess they haven't seen the potential of the 4K image yet with sports. I have noticed a major difference and more clear picture. Thus why I spent so much money on my tvs and have the 4K boxs. Again it's not for all but it does show a better image on all sports ( don't know why the user is saying they don't need high end picture as u can tell the difference).
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@TheArcher wrote:

@OLDYELLR

You have stated in this and another thread - "most sports don't even need really high definition except those i

nvolving precision equipment, like motorsports"

As one who watches a lot of your so-called "stick and ball sports", I would like you to explain how you justify such a statement.

Obviously I'm not a stick-and-ball fan. For me, "sports" is motorsports, cycling and various other activities not involving chasing balls.  You may wish to see the drops of sweat or zits on a player's face or the brand name on their equipment, I want to see the mechanical stuff. To each his own.  Smiley Wink

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just want a working 4K box  😞

By the way.  Anyone know the bitrate of the 4K content Rogers is broadcasting?

Disappointed to learn that "4K Netflix" is only at like 18mbps,  where as actual 4K is over 100mb/s.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

This has been really prolonged... I had a working 4K box for about 2 weeks... and now I'm hit with the interface issue again...

Call rogers, they say there's a network patch coming in overnight to resolve the issue... that was 2 days ago.

So now I'm with a 4K box which is the equivalent of a brick, and paying extra for the privilege of having it.

TV = Vizio M-60C3

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @christianfigo

Hmm i want to see if this will happen on my Sony tv. I sold my Samsung 55JU6500 and i got a Sony XBR55X850D. I have not yet set it up so hopefully it won't have a issue.

Have you called them to give you some sort of credit on the accounts due to the box not working?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @christianfigo

Hmm i want to see if this will happen on my Sony tv. I sold my Samsung 55JU6500 and i got a Sony XBR55X850D. I have not yet set it up so hopefully it won't have a issue.

Have you called them to give you some sort of credit on the accounts due to the box not working?

Hi Meowmix, I have XBR55X850D and since the interface error went away month ago i havent seen it yet.

Fingers crossed 🙂

Anyone with this issue call Rogers and ask for manager and demand credit.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've received the patch last night and the issue still exists! Curious if anyone else got the patch and does the issue still exist for you? This is the biggest fail ever. How do you release a patch and still not correct the issue?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@SnoopDoggLA wrote:
I've received the patch last night and the issue still exists! Curious if anyone else got the patch and does the issue still exist for you? This is the biggest fail ever. How do you release a patch and still not correct the issue?

How do you know that you have the patch? Is your software version different from before?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah now it's 6.0.3.0106 before it was 6.0.2.etc but still not working on my end