4K tv not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 4K tv not working

Hello @abha

Thats what I told my clients to do. Just use the NB3 until it gets fixed.

I do hope they fix the issues.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I wish I read this post before I went to the Rogers store to upgrade my box to a 4K. I wanted to watch the Jays game in 4K. What a mistake.

Getting the same message as others. Rogers keeps trying to reboot the box but has been over 5 hours and still not working.

Rogers should stop offering 4K until they fix these issues
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Frustrated8

I see your point but They can't just stop offering the 4k channels and boxes as some of us have them working since day one or there after. It seems that the new update on some boxes is having major issues just like the NB3 box had ( there is a huge thread about that box not working after the new update).

What they need to so is recover all the boxes that don't work, give boxes that have older software or the new one which works and a credit as well. If not then give a credit to the customer
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It has been over 24 hours and still my 4k box is not working.  I now just received an automated message to say it is still not fixed.  If Rogers thinks it is acceptable to go without TV service for this long then it cannot be worth the $70 a month I am paying for it.  

This issue is clearly a known one and should be considered an unfair business practice to keep issuing these boxes to customers.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Frustrated8

They can not just pull them because some are having issues. I have 2 of the 4K boxes and yet nothing has happened and i know a few people that got the boxes without any issues a couple weeks ago and some on here got their fixed as well. So pulling the boxes won't result to anything sadly. Its the software which can not communicate with certain tvs. I have a 65' 4K OLED and a Sony 55X850D without any issues but another user had a issue with their sony tv. Same model. it seems to be some sort of bug that is causing this. I do agree they need to figure this out and get the boxes working. Again as a customer u can return the box and get another box. U are not told to keep it or under a contract to keep the box. U can change it any time.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I had the 4K box installed about three months ago and in the last month, while 999 is still active, somehow I've lost the ability to see the 998 and other 4K channels. Did you change your package?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Fcarneval72

As of last month, Rogers is charging customers $10 per month to have the Sports channels in 4k. The package is called 4K VIP. You can contact Rogers and ask them to add the 4K channels and u won't be charged for 1 year. It's free for one year then you get charged $10 per month for those channels. Here is more information on it. Go on the bottom of the page.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/4k?ipn=1

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I just got off the phone with Samsung. The lady told me to get Rogers to switch the frequency of the 4K box to 24hz from the default 60hz. Is that even possible? 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

my rogers 4k box is giving me issues like this....

This is a 4k UHD content that requires a HDCP 2.2 compatible 4k TV for display. Please call us at 1-888-rogers1 for more information.

When i first launched the box this was brought up on the screen, then i was able you view 4k channels 997,998,999 now i get nothing. So i call them up and they said well you aren`t subscribed so how are you viewing. I don`t know its youre product. So before all this happened i was able to unplug the power cord and get the channels back but it takes about 30 minutes because they said theres so much traffic.

I`m lost, i have changed HDMI cables, cable cord from wall to box, HDMI ports. This is a bran new Hisense 65 inch 4k TV with ARC on the HDMI ports. Box is bran new, sealed from rogers with factory sticks on the unit. I got it off kijiji. Works great no issues for HD but this  4k stuff is a brain killer.

Any suggestion ?

Highlighted

Hi @jim31!

Welcome to our Community!

If you're lost, the rescue team has arrived!

The first thing I would like to confirm is the exact model of TV you're using. Can you please also confirm if you have a receiver or a home theatre system connected? If you do, please confirm for us the model of the audio equipment or receiver.

Before we dive into troubleshooting proper, I just want to make certain that all of your equipment is indeed HDCP 2.2 compatible.

Regards,

RogersCorey