4K tv not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 4K tv not working

Hello @SnoopDoggLA

You would think the new update would fix it right.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

Once I plugged in the box, started working but had to change it to 4K mode in order to watch the channels and such!.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My fam has had issues with our recently installed 4K boxes. 

Father-in-law had box set up last mon (Jul 18). Worked for 2 days and then "User interface not available" error came up and has not worked since then.

My own box was installed on sat (Jul 23). Technician could never get it working. He thought signal through cable was too weak and installed amplifier but even that did not work. 

Received multiple tickets and was told issues should be resolved in 24-48hrs but no progress. When I call in to tech support I'm simply told to wait for the new updates to be pushed through. 

Has anyone had this error and have it resolved? If so what did you do? How long did it take? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@abha wrote:

My fam has had issues with our recently installed 4K boxes. 

Father-in-law had box set up last mon (Jul 18). Worked for 2 days and then "User interface not available" error came up and has not worked since then.

My own box was installed on sat (Jul 23). Technician could never get it working. He thought signal through cable was too weak and installed amplifier but even that did not work. 

Received multiple tickets and was told issues should be resolved in 24-48hrs but no progress. When I call in to tech support I'm simply told to wait for the new updates to be pushed through. 

Has anyone had this error and have it resolved? If so what did you do? How long did it take? 

I had the same issue for 2 months (Yes 2 months) talked to every manager and level 2 support and no fix

One day tech came in and said you have to get new box with whatever firmware that is on it and keep zapping it (That is the term Rogers tech uses for activating the box) and finally got it to work.

one month later I'm still ok (Fingers crossed).

Hope you getting it to work soon but I underestand the level of frustration when you have to keep calling back just to get the box working!

Make sure you ask for credit for all these time and more.

Good luck

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yippeee I think

My 4K box was installed JUNE 8th didnt work box switched out JUNE10th didnt work I have been waiting until

July 22nd for a signal to finally hit my box and make the user interface go away.

So I finally have a 4K signal if I choose to watch a ballgame otherwise I am paying 15.00 a month for absolutely nothing "shame on me" for being so stupid not only that,but now when I want to use the 4K box I have to

dig out the remote control for my vizio tv and change the input to a different HDMI input than my rogers

nextbox3. a pain in the butt.

And you know what people THE COUP DE GRASS when I compare the picture quality from my nextbox3

and the 4K box there is virtually NO difference from one to the other and when I questioned the service

man that was at my house his explanation was because the 4K boxes will not be high deff until they bring

out the 4K PVR that could be 6 mo to a year away . So there you have it people yet another example of our

beloved ROGERS monopoly doing a number on its customers by charging a fee and giving nothing in return

and yet we take it and come back for more. "SHAME ON US". 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @smitty33

I actually see a difference on the 4K channels then I do on the NB3 on my other tv at my parents. I own the LG 65 inch 4K OLED and also Sony XBR 55 850D. I can see the difference. You will have to change it into the settings in order to but again not eveyone will notice it.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @abha

Most have been In your situation I believe from seeing it on here and posts on Facebook. Have you called into Rogers to get a credit for the rental seeing as u can't use it?
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix Yes, they have pre-emptively provided some credits. While the credit is a nice gesture, having a working box would be even better.

The credits compensate for the days without a working box, however they do not come close to covering for the massive headache this has been and the amount of times spent on calls.

I'm less than a week in without a working 4K box. I cannot imagine what the others have gone through while waiting for MONTHS.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @abha

In my opinion if u want a working box, get a NB3 or a normal HD box for the time being until the fix the issues.. While yes it doesn't give u 4K image, it gives u the channels to watch that you are paying for. Unless u want to still wait. Ur call. I know the frustration as a few of my clients have had the same issues. Thankfuly I haven't but i have seen it everywhere.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix

thanks, I have a NB3 for the main tv we use. NB4K is for home theatre tv.

Will be calling to cancel my services if it cannot be fixed by tomorrow. I don't have the time or energy to waste on Rogers.