4K tv not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 4K tv not working

Hello @F5i

I gave all my answers that Samsung and a few Rogers reps have told me. Unfortunately since my answers didn't really help ( wasn't my own aw I said it a couple of times) I can't really do much 

I can have my buddy which has a normal cable package that had the 4K box and his works just a different tv. Since I have a 55JU6500 and a 65' LG 4K OLED I am not having those issues but i do have a customer that has this issue and they still can't figure it out even with ur suggestion.

So again it all depends. Not everyone will be correct and give out the right information 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@F5i wrote:

In regards to the cable package.

Dear

I had a third party give me an incentive to get the basic package.

When activated the cable codes were severely messed up. *fact*

When I changed the cable package from Basic 3rd party to VIP Rogers it worked. *Fact*

I realized it is working...thus I may have some valid points in this solution.

Cable codes are now in order, RCA and HDMI (not the original cable either) are hooked up. *Fact*

And...Fyi there is an N/A on the subnet mask.

More so I suspect that if the RCA method is followed during the initialization of the box then the activation will be a success. 

I am on a non 4K Sony TV. I have feeds on both RCA and HDMI as mentioned earlier.

Get the cable codes in order

Get the box initialized on the RCA side of things while the HDMI is hooked up

don't worry about the subnet

To my friend 

Hi F5i,

Thanks again for your respond.

I did try your suggestion with RCA cable and HDMI cable but didnt work.

I am on 5th box now and still same issue. ...

I Plan to Stick Around

would love to be able to try the posted solution,  my 4k TV does not have RCA   😞

surprised the 4K box even has them though.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @WhisperXBA

Its not a solution. The above user that tried it, did not work for them and I also have a customer which tried it, and again did not work for them. It seems like the one user that got it working, could have been another problem which that fixed the issue for them but others it doesn't.

I'll keep communicating with Samsung and Rogers to see what else we can get out here. My Samsung rep did only state for now that it's firmware from Rogers causing this as its not making sense as my 2016 65' LG 4K OLED isn't having the issues but only the Samsung KS series is and some Sony models are. It's something internally which the firmware and software not communicating..

Some other customers I have spoken to that don't have this issue but have a KS model just plugged it in the HDMI 1 on the One Connect Mini and worked. So it's weird. Something is up.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @WhisperXBA

Its not a solution. The above user that tried it, did not work for them and I also have a customer which tried it, and again did not work for them. It seems like the one user that got it working, could have been another problem which that fixed the issue for them but others it doesn't.

I'll keep communicating with Samsung and Rogers to see what else we can get out here. My Samsung rep did only state for now that it's firmware from Rogers causing this as its not making sense as my 2016 65' LG 4K OLED isn't having the issues but only the Samsung KS series is and some Sony models are. It's something internally which the firmware and software not communicating..

Some other customers I have spoken to that don't have this issue but have a KS model just plugged it in the HDMI 1 on the One Connect Mini and worked. So it's weird. Something is up.

Hi Meowmix ,

I havent tried HDMI 1 yet 🙂 will try that tonight to see if that works...

I give up on Rogers. I dont even know if they are working on this or not... All I hear every 2 days is to replace the box and reboot.

I am using HDMI 4 which is also ARC (I know its good since this used to work 3 months ago when I originally got the 4K BOX from Rogers).

I still think there is a new firmware in the system that doesnt load into 4K box to interact with new Navigtr software

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

Its indeed something to do with the firmware and the new Navigtr update on the boxes since the NB3 is having major issues with that update as well.

Try the HDMI 1 and see if that fixes and i hope it does. Replacing the box isn't going to do much honestly.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried multiple HDMI ports on my TV, nothing.. but hey if it's a certain TV issue, can I do this...?

Connect my 4K box to another TV in the home.. I have 2 others with HDMI ports.. not 4K tvs though..  is there a chance the software could get pushed to the box if I lug another TV in to the room and hook it in?  Might I get the update and then be able to switch back over to my 4K TV with a working box?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @WhisperXBA

Hmm i would say try that and see but i don't think that will fix the issue. A update can come via any way. Even if the box is just plugged in, the box should update but i would try that and see if that fixes it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@WhisperXBA wrote:

I tried multiple HDMI ports on my TV, nothing.. but hey if it's a certain TV issue, can I do this...?

Connect my 4K box to another TV in the home.. I have 2 others with HDMI ports.. not 4K tvs though..  is there a chance the software could get pushed to the box if I lug another TV in to the room and hook it in?  Might I get the update and then be able to switch back over to my 4K TV with a working box?

Tried all hdmi port on my Sony 4K and same . message

tried none 4K tv and same issue

its not TV its ROGERS problem...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

Agreed. In the end it's a Rogers issue which needs to be taken care of asap. Some may get it working but most are stuck having it not working with trying eveything that was suggested on here and by techs.