4K tv not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

4K tv not working

Got the nextbox 4K installed yesterday and only the time shows no channels at all and has a message that the user interface is unavailable it's been 24 hours still nothing. Please help tv is fine is the nextbox and hope someone has had similar issue that can help. Thank u

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 4K tv not working

Hello @Steve15

So no channels work at all? Have you contacted Rogers cable tech support about this to zap the box on their end to see if that will fix it or bring a tech out?

Try unplugging the box for 10 seconds and plug it back in. See if that will fix it.

I had a similar issue like this with mine but the 4K channel wasn't displaying anything, just sound and after a day or so it fixed it self.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi ty I have tried both they gave me a ticket said it could be 2 days but I'm Leary of that as well. Only the time on the box shows. With that message on the screen
I Plan to Stick Around

I have  the same issue with new box 4K box that was installed yesterday. Its Rogers network issue

Dont underestand wht it takes so long to fix!!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

It happened to me in the start as well. You need to submit a ticket and have them restart the boxes
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix,

trust me I have done that..... its much bigger issue than that.

Technician was in my house for 2 hours...

BTW- he said that Whole Home PVR is functional on 4K box now. Can anyone with 4K box verify that?                       

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

I have 2 4K boxes. The light on the box does turn on but it needs to be connected to a DVD which is the new 4K PVR box which will come out on later date.

Pressing the record button shows "No DVR's connected" also pressing the List button shows the recorded menu but no records. So no its not functional as of yet.
I Plan to Stick Around

OK I'm little confused??? Why do you need DVD player?

I was told that as of late last wekk the 4KPR can see your recorded show on NextBox 3.0.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

DVR is a PVR. Just different naming that's all. It's not a DVD.

Unfortunately no that not correct. As i said i have both boxes and does not do it. A later update May do this for u. Until then no.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for clirification. I have the tech's phone number.

Onv=ce the 4K box start working (Hopefully soon) I'll call the tech and question his ability to activate the 4K box to be able to see recorded show on Nextbox 3