4K TV - Sports frame rate stutter

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 4K TV - Sports frame rate stutter

Hello @billmcintyre

That I get as well. Believe me before I worked here u though the same up until I noticed the margin and discounts u can give out on those.
I'm Here A Lot

Just a quick update. 3 days back, I watched the Leafs VS Senators and the game was amazingly perfect. The sports mode made it even better. I was vividly able to see the holes in the Jerseys, the Senators logo on the puck, it's so breathtaking picture quality.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Saad_Al_Haddad

That is great! Yeah i used the on my TV as well!
I'm an Advisor

@billmcintyre wrote:

I was looking at getting the Vizio M series - BUT one of the SERIOUS shortcomings for future proofing that TV is it only has ONE 2.0 HDMI port - and I figure I'll need one for hooking up to my computer (as I do now in 4K at 60 Hz), and two more for a 4K Rogers box and a 4K Blu Ray player - and possibly more for future needs.

Very true, I also have this set. You can mitigate this problem by using an AVR that supports HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 - feed all equipment into it, then only one HDMI input is required on the TV. 

But...this set also does not support HDR (deep color). Still looks great when playing UHD content though!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That is the frame rate of your new TV , Also check if it has 2 TWO prossesing engines like you need for 3-D shows , On the 4-K the picture will drop to 1080 to show the 3-D show .

Using the proper HDMI outlet is a must also check if the connectors are gold plated .

Yes.

Right , Sony as expensive as it is still sets the standard . Another good one was Zenith .

Also a couple big boxes with blue and yellow RG-45 , laying around , right ? also usb cables ,, 1 ,, 2 ,,,, ans 3 USB and each one will use a different driver . But now most mew tv's will come with fibre-optics and Tos-Link from Toshiba .

I've Been Around

It's gotta be a minor the technical issue inside the box because even on 1080p last year this thing does a very consistent random stutter at incremental times like you said and it's going to be more noticable on big tvs. I may go to tell them at the store and substitute it. You can tell in hockey golf and even just watching stuff. It's probably their new normal glitch of this era of 4k
I've Been Around

I think I resolved the issue guys!

Same problem. terrible lag, motion blurryness. When watching baseball the background crowd was so blurry and not fluid.

Solution: setting-Appearence- Select at bottom UHD.