4K PVR set up?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 4K PVR set up?

Hello @bicyclebob123

You are welcome! 🙂
I've Been Here Awhile

Would it be possible to let your phone support team know this?

I called Rogers to have this set up and the person on the other end she said this is absolutely not true, 4K box is not at all compatible and when I brought up this post and read it to her she said she didn't know what language she should tell me in so I'd understand. Nice.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Well, I had the set up 2 days ago, a NextBox 3.0 and the 4K, and they are very much compatible.  Able to do what you would expect - watch anything recorded on the PVR from the 4K tv.  But since there is no PVR on the 4K itself, you can't pause or stop what you are watching on it, live tv only or what is on the PVR that's hooked up to the other TV.  The two are Whole Home compatible.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you! I was able to find a lovely supervisor who was willing to take a shot and put the order in with no problems, she said that since the system let her do it it must be compatible but that they are definitely working off of some outdated info and the news hasn't quite gotten to everyone. Thanks again.
I've Been Here Awhile

understand you cant do anything in 4K with the HD PVR. need to know how to physically connect and access recordings. Assume i can still record, just not on 4K

Thanks

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Tissa65

You can get the 4K PVR From Rogers and this way you can do both at once. Also you CAN record in 4K only on the 4K channels if you have the 4K PVR. You can not do that with the NextBox 3.0 or older PVR boxes.

You can request Rogers to do the Whole Home PVR setup for you to connect your regular PVR box with your 4K box ( non PVR) and have access to the recordings.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Meowmix. I was hoping to find a way to connect on my own without the rogers tech coming in onsite. How hard can it be?
Purr
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Tissa65

Unfortunately you won't be able to do it. They need to set up the Whole Home PVR networking between both boxes and the account. This is done on their systems to enable it. So you have to contact Rogers and have a tech come over and set it up for you. There may be a cost but speak to the rep and or manager and see if they can waive that cost.

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/whole-home-pvr/279?setLanguage=en
I've Been Here Awhile

I thought so thanks so much have a great weekend.
Gary
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Tissa65

You are welcome! Have a great weekend as well!:).