4K PVR set up?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

4K PVR set up?

Is there any way to hook up a PVR to a 4K box in series instead of waiting for the actual 4K PVR to be released?
Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: 4K PVR set up?

Hello @bicyclebob123,

We can definitely help with looking into some options for you.  Please reach out to @CommunityHelps, so we can further assist you.

RogersCorey

I'm Here A Lot

I am interested in 4k whole home PVR. Who do I contact about this? Don't know how to PM!
I'm a Senior Advisor

@bicyclebob123 wrote:
I am interested in 4k whole home PVR. Who do I contact about this? Don't know how to PM!

Just to be clear, you will NOT be able to record in 4k.

All you will be able to do is access recordings on an HD PVR (the NB3) from a 4K terminal, which is what the Whole Home setup allows you to do.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys

Thats great to hear!

Just wanted to add what Lurker said. Even though it's a Whole Home PVR, you won't be able to record the 4K channels unfortunately. That will happen only when the 4K PVR Comes out. The Whole Home PVR works with you NextBox 3.0 and let's u watch want u have recorded on that box only.
I'm Here A Lot

I already have an HD PVR nextbox. If I get the 4k box, would it be able to access it?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bicyclebob123

If u want to get the 4K box to access the recording on the NextBox 3.0 PVR then yes I will work. But it won't work with older HD PVR boxes. Only NextBox 3.0 box ( with blue LED front) will work with it.
I'm Here A Lot

So, if I am OK with not recording in 4K, at least for now, I can still do the usual pvr stuff and access it from the 4K box, as long as the pvr HD box is a 3.0. Unfortunately, mine is the older one, I believe. So I would need 2 new boxes, the 3.0 and 4k. I will need to find out what that would cost me. Thanks.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bicyclebob123

The NextBox 3.0 PVR is $24.95 per month and the 4K box is $12.95 per month on rental only. They won't reduce the price of the 4K box but might for the PVR. Just ask and see.
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you everyone for your help.  I now know what my options are!