4K PVR; Scheduled Series not recording?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

4K PVR; Scheduled Series not recording?

Recently grabbed a 4K PVR, and set up my scheduled recordings. The box shows that the program is recording, but when I pop into the 'List', the program doesn't show up. Any solutions?

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: 4K PVR; Scheduled Series not recording?

@aniz I don't have the answer to your question, but I am flagging some members who may be able to assist.

@Meowmix @OLDYELLR @57

Could one of you help Aniz out with this question.  I don't have the 4K box, I guess it may be similiar to the Nextbox 3 PVR, but one of you will probably be able to deal with this.

Bruce

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @aniz

When you go into the "list" on the right hand side there should be 2 options. Pick the first one. I believe it's " Scheduled".

I'm not infront of my 4K PVR box atm. I should be home within an hour or so. But try that. Mine always shows that there.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@aniz wrote:

Recently grabbed a 4K PVR, and set up my scheduled recordings. The box shows that the program is recording, but when I pop into the 'List', the program doesn't show up. Any solutions?

Which "List" are you looking at?  Scheduled, or Recorded?

Once a program starts redcording, it moves from Scheduled to Recorded.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Lurker

I do believe that does happen but some time mine shows it on" Scheduled " while the movie or show is recording. I'll check it out when I get home!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @aniz

So i just got home and tried to record CP24. I pressed ( DVR) On my Harmony Elite remote and brought up the " My Recordings".

The recording is showing up on my " Recorded" menu. You have a pick on the right hand side which says

" Recorded
Scheduled "

Its on the Recorded menu. Sometimes it happened to be on the Scheduled side too.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@aniz wrote:

If the box has the red light on for "recording" but it isn't showing in your recorded list, it's possible that you have a poor signal and the programme is not actually getting recorded.  If that turns out to be the case, call Rogers and have them check the signal at your home, which they can do remotely. Signal problems are probably the largest source of issues on this forum.

Repeatedly pressing the list button also cycles between Recorded Programming and the Scheduled List.

I've Been Around

Nextbox 4K PVR not recording scheduled series

Hello. I am having a bit of an issue: I scheduled 4 series to record on my PVR. Of those 4 two are being recorded just fine, but the other two are nowhere to be found. They are not listed in the scheduled list. They are never recorded when the channel is showing them. And if I try to set a new schedule I get a message stating that an schedule to record that series already exists. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@SirLogan77 :  Here are a few suggestions:

1. Try rebooting your box to see if you then have the scheduled recordings listed.

2. After the reboot, if they're not listed, try setting new series recordings.  If the programme is available on another channel, try setting the recording there, even if it's the identical broadcaster, but on a different channel - like channel 6 and 514 for CBC.

3. If it won't work, try setting a single recording until you can resolve the issue.

4. Sometimes it can be an issue related to signal strength in your home or neighbourhood.  If the channel signal isn't good, it won't record. See the following post on that topic:  You can check the signal yourself too.  Are the affected channels viewable live?

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...

5. One way to check to see if you have signal issues is to try Rogers On Demand, or a search. These will often not function, or function poorly if your signal is bad.

I have come across this issue a few times myself with certain recordings.  See the IPG thread, link below:  For me, the issue often goes away after a couple of days.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/IPG-Inconsistencies/td-p/350863