4K PVR--Release Date??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: 4K PVR--Release Date??

Hello @seadooxp30,

Are we sure the box was added to your account correctly? I have had the store hand me a box only to learn (later) that the serial number was entered into the system incorrectly. 

While the box I took home worked, I was not receiving some specialty channels.  It sounds like something similar is happening to you. @Meowmix, what do you think?

I Plan to Stick Around

@robindp wrote:

Hello @seadooxp30,

Are we sure the box was added to your account correctly? I have had the store hand me a box only to learn (later) that the serial number was entered into the system incorrectly. 

While the box I took home worked, I was not receiving some specialty channels.  It sounds like something similar is happening to you. @Meowmix, what do you think?

Well they asked me twice on the phone to confirm the serial number

having said that I don't trust ROGERS rep so who knows!!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @robindp

Thats how it works. Sometimes the box will work but not one some channels and needs to be activated fully.

Now in his case it seems the box Serial number wasn't activated at all and the system either isn't seeing it or something.

I know when the installer was installing my 4K PVR box it took 20 minutes and then a additional 15 minutes to work for all channels. He did how very take half an hour to activate the box before hand.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

Have you spoken to tech support other then a regular rep? If so have they escalated this?. Also do remember sometimes it CAN take up to 24hrs to activate the box bit normally it's within minutes or hours.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @seadooxp30

Have you spoken to tech support other then a regular rep? If so have they escalated this?. Also do remember sometimes it CAN take up to 24hrs to activate the box bit normally it's within minutes or hours.

Yes Meowmix,

i did talk to 3 tech support rep and it's escalated 

i did call around 7  pm so hopefully it's up and running by tommorow

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

Hopefully by tomorrow all is good and it'd working for u!.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @seadooxp30

Hopefully by tomorrow all is good and it'd working for u!.

Still same issue....

Oh well its Rogers after all. I dont expect anything more

I'm an Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30,

Sorry to hear you are having so many problems getting your 4K PVR working. I recommend you visit the "Share a Concern" page at: https://www.rogers.com/web/RogersServices.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=shareAConcern.

Provide as much detail as possible - this gets your problem escalated and a written response within 48-72 hours.

I hope things work out for you - please keep us updated!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

One thing I would suggest if you want is try getting a technician to come with another box and have them set it up for you. See if that will get things going.

You could try and do the Share a Concern and see if you will get a response as indicated by robindp.
I Plan to Stick Around

@robindp wrote:

Hello @seadooxp30,

Sorry to hear you are having so many problems getting your 4K PVR working. I recommend you visit the "Share a Concern" page at: https://www.rogers.com/web/RogersServices.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=shareAConcern.

Provide as much detail as possible - this gets your problem escalated and a written response within 48-72 hours.

I hope things work out for you - please keep us updated!

Thank you Robindp.

Just got a text message that is fixed!

I have to check when I go home today :-)