4K PVR--Release Date??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: 4K PVR--Release Date??

my mistake, that's not for a PVR, just a 4K digital terminal

I Plan to Stick Around

Can someone tell me where I can purchase a brand new (not refurbished) Rogers 4K PVR Nextbox? I can't seem to locate one to buy.

Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@oaky:

Per post 81 of this thread and per Rogers' Website, the 4K PVR is not yet for sale:

http://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/hardware?ipn=1

I Plan to Stick Around

I've been trying to purchase a Rogers 4K PVR Nextbox since last night. Spoke to an agent last  night on phone who assured me a brand new (not refurbished) unit would be delivered to my home today and th ecost would be $499.99 + taxes. The Rogers tech arrived at my door this afternoon carrying a 4K PVR Nextbox in his hand, along with the remote, etc. I knew when I saw him that this was not a rband new unit and he assured of that when he in fact said it was a "refurbished" unit. No way was I about to pay $400.99 + for a refurbished unit.

Anyway I called around to the various Rogersd stores and one store verified that they had some brand new units in stock but that theysold out immediately. I finally located a brand new Rogers 4K PVR nextbox at a particular Rogers store.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@oaky:  Good to hear you were able to find one to purchase.  I assume you've confirmed that it is indeed the new 4K PVR (CAV10455).  If so, Rogers needs to update their website and drop the price on the 9865 NB3 HDPVR.  I can't see many people spending as much for the NB3 as the 4KPVR.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi 57 and thanks for your replies and help.  Actually I wasn't aware of the model number. Is CAV10455 the model number for the newest or up todate Rogers 4K PVR Nextbox?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@oaky wrote:

Is CAV10455 the model number for the newest or up todate Rogers 4K PVR Nextbox?

Yeah, it should say CAV10455HD on the front left of the 4KPVR.  Pictures in the following post:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks again for that information 57. It is very much apprecited.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @oaky

Yea that is correct. As 57 posted the link to the images in posted, that is the 4K PVR box. The location you got it from is lucky to be selling it outright as many Rogers Plus / Corporate stores are not allowed to sell them outright and only by rental.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix and thanks for your information. The store agent did inform me that there is a two-yr warrenty on the box and if anything goes wrong with it in that frame, they replace it with a refurbished one, not a new one. Is anyone aware of any problems or issues associated with the box or has anyone who purchased a new one encountered any problems with it?

Thanks.