4K PVR--Release Date??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 4K PVR--Release Date??

Hello @SnoopDoggLA. At this moment it's only for rent and not buy outright.

Unfortunately the email notification came just 2 days after the they updated the website. I noticed a lag there my self. Check your junk folder too..

I refreshed the page 3 times that day to see it change to available around 9pm November 1st and got them to install it the next day!.
I've Been Here Awhile

Just got off the phone with Rogers, their website doesn't show a buy outright price but after on hold for a bit she came back and advised it was $319 (plus tax of course) to buy the 4K-PVR box outright.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@wtodd123 wrote:

Just got off the phone with Rogers, their website doesn't show a buy outright price but after on hold for a bit she came back and advised it was $319 (plus tax of course) to buy the 4K-PVR box outright.

That sounds too low and is possibly the price for the STB, not the PVR.  See comparable hardware pricing in the following link. 

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/hardware

I'm an Advisor

Hello @wtodd123,

As per 57, the price you were quoted is too low for a 4K PVR.  The hardware page for Ontario shows that the NextBox 3.0 HD PVR costs $499.99 to purchase outright - a 4K PVR would cost more.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, I called a Rogers store & apparently they won't sell them, they can't keep them in stock; Whenever they get a delivery they are being held exclusively for rentals.
I've Been Here Awhile

319.99 is defiantly the STB Price. Rogers hasn't yet release the 4K PVR for sale just rental.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys.

The 4K PVR is only available for rental at this moment. The 4K PVR box will be outright sold at a later time. Unfortunately this is the same for the 4K box.

@wrodd123

Unfortunately the rep have you the incorrect information. The 4K PVR box is only available for rental at this moment. When the 4K box came out the did the same exact thing. So unfortunately at this moment it's only available for rental at 24.95 per month.
I've Been Around

it is like you could choose your channels individually ; that was last year and there is nothing at all

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @captainamerica

Unfortunately those are the rules. Bell had the same rules as well.
I've Been Here Awhile

Here's a link to buy one for 319.99 from 2001 Audio and video

http://www.2001audiovideo.com/en/catalog/product/393936-Rogers%20(Brand)-NextBox-4K