4K PVR--Release Date??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 4K PVR--Release Date??

Hello @pmcsplaza

If i remember correctly the 4K box never got a user guide even when I got the new sealed one. So we shall see if this one gets it.

I am still getting it no matter what anyways. Just wish they could release the date and not say "Sign up for more information"
I Plan to Stick Around

Is the regular 4K Box also from Technicolor? I'm just hoping this 4K PVR actually works on all the Samsung KS Model Series TVs that's why I ask

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SnoopDoggLA

Yes it is. Technicolour bought Cisco and now works with Rogers. All 4K boxes and 4K boxes as said above in my post come from them.
I Plan to Stick Around

Darn that scares me. I'm starting to lose hope this 4K PVR will actually work with my TV now

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SnoopDoggLA

I think it will. They won't be releasing it for a while ( November I heard) so i guess they are taking the time to make the changes. Technicolour only provides the boxes to them. Software all comes from Rogers.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

I got some exciting news! As of Thursday November 3rd the 4K PVR box will be available! I checked the site and called in. The gentleman I spoke to got a email about an hour ago stating this. So i got my appointment for Thrusday 10-12pm to them to change my 4K box to the 4K PVR box!.

Hopefully everyone enjoys it!.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey everyone

Wanted to edit my post but couldn't. I called this morning and spoke to a manager this time. The 4K box is available as of today November 2nd and you can see if they can get a appointment done for u. I changed mine for today instead of tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how the box is and some reviews!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey everyone including @Vg2

As of this morning Rogers has launched the NextBox 4K PVR box. I have a technician coming from 10-12pm with the box for me!. Call and make the appointment today!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

So the tech is here and the box is slimmer but longer. It's a Technicolour box. Looks really nice!. Some colors as the 4K box. The PVR works great So far!. Will give more details once I have had it for a couple of days.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey everyone!

So the tech is here and the box is slimmer but longer. It's a Technicolour box as i said above. Looks really nice!. Some colors as the 4K box. The PVR works great So far!. In the settings you have the option for dimming or bright the front panel now!. 

Software version is 6.2.0.0139

Will give more details once I have had it for a couple of days.