4K PVR--Release Date??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 4K PVR--Release Date??

Hello @mikafan0992

Yes it has! If you check page 5-6 you will see images I took on Wednesday November 2nd when I got it. ( Apparently I was the first one in Scarborough / North York to get it lol). Enjoy!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

For anyone that wants to know this 4K PVR unit is quite a bit bigger than the regular 4K box...I'd say about 4-5" wider.

As a side note - has anyone figured out what is happening with the hdmi cable issue? I have 2.0 cables but it refuses to display anything with them. My Shield TV is using the same cables and it still functions. I still think it has something to do with the HDCP 2.2 update....but what do I know Smiley Happy

dreamer
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dreamer_cast

Yes i indicated that as well on my post when I did the review of the box. It's not taller but it's wider.

As for th e hdmi not yet.
I've Been Here Awhile

Have you tired the ultra hd feature on you tv. It doesn't seem to work
I Plan to Stick Around

The 4K selection works for me as long as I have a specific cable hooked up like I mentioned earlier....I'm going to change cables again to see if that fixes the issue.  From what I have read on the HDMI spec the cable shouldn't matter as long as its certified high speed....all the upgrades are hardware based and do not effect the cable being used, albiet within reason; if you want 4K at 60 FPS and deep colour, you need 2.0 cables.  I hope I'm right with this....there is so much info out there.  All of it conflicting,

dreamer

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dreamer_cast

The HDMI cable shouldn't matter. I used the regular one Rogers gives u when he set both up my 4K box and 4K PVR box and worked exactly the same as my $130 Monster HDMI cable
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mikafan0992

I have a 65 Inch LG OLED and XBR55X850D and both work fine with both boxes.

Seems it's some that have issues but some don't. Most have issues if they have receivers.
I've Been Here Awhile

Actually I've tired multiple tv's and using hdmi 2.0 some work some didn't.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mikafan0992

There is a few threads made about this issue. Please refer to this thread below about the issues.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...
I Plan to Stick Around

Can you purchase the PVR and if so how much is it? I signed up for them to email me info on it and never knew it was out already as I received no info from them