4K PVR--Release Date??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: 4K PVR--Release Date??

Hello @Meowmix,

Could you post some pictures (or a single picture) of what the new 4K PVR box looks like? I am very interested in the back - what video out ports does it have? (HDMI for sure, what about composite, component, s-video, RF ??).

Wasn't too long ago that we were all using VCRs to record everything in low quality SD.  Amazing!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hellp @robindp

Here are some images of the box. 

IMG_0178.JPGIMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0182.JPG

I'm an Advisor

Thanks @Meowmix - I see the images are awaiting moderation, look forward to seeing the new 4K PVR.  And...I am very jealous right now!

EDIT: Pictures now visible - looks pretty good!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @robindp

Np!

Hopefully they have let them go through and u can see them!. It's a nice box so far.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just picked up mine from store in Richmond Hill

guess what???

my 4K box had problem for 2 months when I got it. Now with this 4K pvr I get not authorized message for 4K channels only

1 hour on the phone and nothing

just a heads up to everyone 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30

Hmm might took 20 minutes and then all started to work but mind u i had a tech install it.

Did the store add the Serial number before hand?. If not this is the case. It's happened before with me, the store never did it or so called did it but unfortunately I had to call in and do it.
I'm an Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30,

As per this link, there is a "4K add-on" that needs to be added to your account:

>> Your 4K TV pack add-on is free for 12 months upon activation. $10 per month thereafter.

Is it possible the store forgot to add this to your account?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @robindp

That is correct. But since they had the 4K box already, that plan should have been there before hand or else the 4K channels wouldn't work. They get deactivated until u had thay package. Cable should still work as normal just not the 4K channels. The user is having issues with the box not being activated which indicates that the store never activated it on their account.

I think @seadooxp30 the store as Robindp said that the store never activated the box before hand in ur account.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes they did. They asked me twice ...
I get all other channels
I Plan to Stick Around

They did...
I they also see that 4K package is on my account