4K PVR--Release Date??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 4K PVR--Release Date??

Hello @Vg2

Unfortunately there is no ETA for the 4K PVR box. I have been waiting for it as well as i got the 4K box th first day they brought it out. Been waiting for months to see when it will be announced.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Vg2

As you've probably noticed, there have been lots of reports from customers whose 4K boxes would not work with their particular model of 4K TV.  That needs to be fixed before taking the next step and releasing a PVR version. Baby steps.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Your reply does not add any value. All other competitors have one. You're going to tell me Rogers has been working at fixing problems since last January. Also the 4K challenges with a TV as nothing to do with the ability to record! You pick up the stream and you record it to the hard drive. Nothing to do with display / handshake with the various piece of equipment Receiver, TV...

At the very least, they should have a date or a timeframe that folks could base decision upon.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for sharing the pain. I just think Rogers feel to much in control. Would it be a grocery not having meat, you'd go elsewhere. Unfortunately, changing cable tv, internet, cell phone, home phone is painful. But I'm not going to wait forever

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Vg2 wrote:

Your reply does not add any value. All other competitors have one. You're going to tell me Rogers has been working at fixing problems since last January.

Rogers has been trying to fix problems a lot longer than that. The Navigatr interface has been a huge problem, for instance.  I was just offering a reason why Rogers has not rushed ahead with a 4K PVR before cleaning up existing problems that would affect it.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Vg2

I would highly suggest reading this thread below. This is one of the reasons why they are also waiting as there is a ongoing issue that the 4K boxes aren't working with high end Samsung / Sony and Vizio 4K tvs. Many have had the issues. Also the Navigrt update is taking them time to fix so my guess is that they are working in making it all work well instead of releasing the box with bugs and major issues. As you can see below, it seems the 4K box is getting all the updates which the 4K PVR will have bit being tester.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

I Plan to Stick Around

I already read the other post. That does not provide a reason why Rogers is by far behind the competition. I got high-end equipment. Sony 75" 2016 reference set, Arcam AVR850 and the 4K next box is working just fine. Software issues does not take so many months to fix. Again, other vendor have done it and it's not like Rogers is developing its own code. Instead of providing excuses, it would be more productive to put pressure on the service provider to address the problem before folks start seriously migrating to Bell

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Vg2

No one is holding anyone down to stay with Rogers. Anyone can switch to Bell if they wish. Again they brought out their box but i have heard many issues as well. So who knows what's going on. Again there isn't much information in this other then the current issues happening with the 4K box. So maybe that why thy are delaying it. Your looking for information that won't be posted until the box is all done and ready to be launched out. Sadly i am one of the users waiting as well but none of us can do anything. We have made a thread about it already and they said it's in the works but no other information.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

perhaps they'll launch it when they launch IPTV. They said they'll have IPTV out by the end of this year, and the CASA CMTS supports IPTV, so hopefully once the entire footprint has CASA CMTS we'll get IPTV and a 4K PVR.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gp-se

Maybe but we shall see what happens. They did say it would be launched in April 2016. Then changed to Summer 2016. Now no wording but it's most likely many reasons behind it that many don't see as they aren't in the back end. They won't announce a date until the software and box is working without major issues like we have seen already on th NB3 and on the 4K box.