4K PVR--Release Date??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

4K PVR--Release Date??

Hope I have not missed this info anywhere, as I did perform a search before posting, therefore please excuse me if I may have missed any inofrmation already posted.

Is there a release date for the 4K PVR, last I heard was early Summer??

Thank you.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Re: 4K PVR--Release Date??

any update on the 4k pvr nextbox?   i have a 4k tv but want to get the pvr, which bell has out for awhile now.

what's the update when rogers will have one?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bucear

Unfortunately doesn't seem like there is any news at all. The reps will tell you in a few months, couple weeks and whatnot but at the moment there isn't a official news on when it will come out. I am one of them waiting for the 4K PVR as well.

Hello, @Mike3023

Thank you for your interest in 4K PVR box, we will update the Community as new information becomes available. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mike3023

Unfortunately they have yet announced a date when the 4K PVR will be coming out.. Last December they said in April 2016. Then it got pushed to Summer 2016 but nothing else. Seems to me they any to fix all the issues with Navigrt on the NB3 and then release the 4K PVR will have the new update.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Rogers never releases information about products until, pretty much, the launch date.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Lurker

Incorrect. They do announce many products before the launch date which include all cellphones and tablets. Also with the 4K box they announced it 1-2 months before they launched it. They have made statements about the 4K PVR but he timing has changed all the time.
I've Been Around

Any update on the 4K PVR launch?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sussexbrit

As i posted above.. They haven't released anything about the release date of the 4K PVR. Stay tuned for more information when it comes.
I Plan to Stick Around

Can a Rogers rep provide a release date for the 4K PVR - We're in September 2016!

How is it that Bell, Telus, Videotron (Quebec)  all have a 4K PVR and Rogers which was gunning with their first ever 4K NHL broadcast still doesn't even have a release date? 4K PVR can even be purchased at Cosco for Videotron if you live in Quebec. It's not that I need to record 4K broadcast (Very limited at this time), but not being able to record standard HD shows, pause and go to the bathroom is ridiculous. It feels like I'm back to the days where we used to have to get up to change channels LoL. I know there is the Whole PVR setup that you could get a separate outlet and HD PVR, but really not only it's a ridiculous work around, but I don't need or want a separate outlet in my TV room. I would be very understanding if no other providers had a 4K PVR, but it would appear that only Rogers is way behind holding us hostage. Part of me is seriously thinking about switching all my services to Bell, but that is a major pain in the ... All I want and we all deserve to know is a release date if any. I would prefer Rogers coming out and stating it won't happen until January 2017, not at all than just waiting with hope. The hockey season is around the corner so as many new season opener for a variety of shows. I hope that anyone with a 4K NextBox take the time to call Rogers and complain/put pressure so that we can get a resolution

*** Edited Labels ***