2019 Sportsnet 4K Schedule

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

2019 Sportsnet 4K Schedule

Hello,

I'm curious. Does Sportsnet have a dedicated page listing 4K broadcast schedules like TSN does for its 4K channel?

Example:

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-4k-broadcast-schedule-1.900579

Now, I do know that the Sportnset 4K logo sometimes appears in the live events schedule here:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/schedule/

But I'd feel like it would be more convenient if there was a full 4K schedule for the Sportsnet 4K channels.

Also, somewhat related but is there a 4K schedule yet for the 2019 Blue Jays season?

**Added Labels**

Re: 2019 Sportsnet 4K Schedule

Good evening @BMan78,

Thank you for your post! Sportsnet is committed to bringing you more live sports in 4K so you can be closer than ever to the action — without leaving your home.

To view the upcoming schedules you can check the channel listings:

Sportsnet 4K : 998
Sportsnet ONE 4K : 997

Sportsnet 4K and Sportsnet ONE 4K are North America’s first 24/7 dedicated sports feeds featuring 4K content.

Regarding the 4K content schedule available on their website, I would recommend that you provide them with your concerns and feedback directly.

You can email them at feedback@sportsnet.rogers.com.

Stay tuned for the 2019 Blue Jays season! It should be released shortly. Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's sad that SN doesn't have a "summary" of the 4K broadcasts, but by clicking through the upcoming schedule (for a few weeks), it looks like all of the Jays' home games will be available in 4K.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I wish the Rogers Guide would have a 4K item beside the program to show which shows are real 4K.  (Like the guide shows NEW for new programs)

I Plan to Stick Around

Same here, Square.

The current Rogers NextBox Navigatr Guide labels every program on the two Sportsnet 4K Channels as "4K UHD" despite the fact that most of the time both channels are simulcasts of the HD feeds of both channels which only utilize the 4K broadcast when it does happen, so it does confuse me a little bit.

Although strangely last night's Raptors game against Oklahoma (one of the scheduled 4K games), which both Sportsnet Ontario and Sportsnet One showed (both channels are also 4K), the game on the 4K SN Ontario channel wasn't the 4K feed and was a simulcast of the HD feed (due to the lack of SN4K logo) while the game on 4K SN One was showing the 4K feed (hence the SN4K logo at the top right rather than the regular SN logo).

Wonder what was up with that?

Watching the Home Opener right now, and NO way is this 4K!

I Plan to Stick Around

Same here,

I've noticed this before but I've been observing the true 4K broadcasts by both TSN and Sportsnet on Rogers Cable (Nextbox 4K) and idk if its channel compression or something like that but some tiny interlacing lines appear and some blurryiness in the back occasionally but I guess the Nextboxes are limited? Not sure what the 4K is like on Ignite or Fibe since those run on Internet. Of course most of the content on the forefront is pretty clear from a distance from the screen.

My 4K TV is a 40 inch Westinghouse and I have the resolution on my Nextbox set to 4K.

Great post!  Yes, I also would like to see the difference with Ignite and Bell Fibe.  I'm also waiting for a streaming channel to show 4K Hollywood Movies (hint Crave/The Movie Network)   If nothing happens by November, no way I'm paying $10 a month extra and will go back to the Nextbox 3.

I've Been Around

This doesn't tell us what's broadcast in 4K, it merely tells us what's being broadcast on the 4K channels — which is useless because most of what is broadcast there is simply rebroadcasted HD content.
I Plan to Stick Around

@ analgesic,

Yeah, you'll have to check Sportsnet's Schedule day by day on the Live Events column and look for the SN4K & SN14K logos:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/schedule/

For example, every home game of the Blu-Jays.