2 PVR's in house, third tv won't see right PVR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

2 PVR's in house, third tv won't see right PVR

We have 2 PVR's & and a HD cable box .

the second PVR was bought used for use in the bedroom( bought PVR because it was cheap).

the TV with the HD box won't see the "MAIN" PVR in living room, it wants to show the recorded programs on the Second(bedroom) PVR.

I have shut off second PVR then unplugged both MAIN PVR & HD cable box , plugged them back i n leaving the second PVR off the HD box will then see the MAIN PVR, but only for a while.

Once the second unit is plugged back in and the HD box is shutoff for the night and turned back on in the morning the HD box again displays the recorded shows on the second PVR in the bedroom.

can I solve this at home

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: 2 PVR's in house, third tv won't see right PVR

@rellim68:

I assume you have WHPVR (Whole Home PVR) setup.  When you purchased the used PVR, did you have Rogers out to have the WHPVR reconfigured?  If not, there's your problem. Any changes/additions to a WHPVR system typically require a "truck roll" (visit by technician).  Sometimes, if you get a savvy CSR on the phone, you can call in to have it configured, but that rarely happens.

I'm Here A Lot

Yes WHPVR
no I called rogers to have them activate the used box and the problems started.

I know the guy on the other end did a bunch of stuff but as mentioned it caused this problem.

I really don't want to play $50 for the service call.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rellim68:

With WHPVR, there should be no charge for a service call.  Activation of the used box is not adequate for WHPVR, hence the need for a service call or a very savvy CSR by phone for WHPVR, the latter being highly unlikely but not unheardof.

I'm Here A Lot

Great I will call and see if they will send a truck by
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As 57 said, Its rare to get someone on the phone to be able to do it.. i think i have.. once? Smiley Tongue

But the tech coming out, shouldnt cost anything this time.  Force the issue if necessary.

The INTIAL whole home setup usuall had a $50 fee.  But any additional ones, shouldnt.

Its a pain, as litteraly its just a tech coming out, them calling into their techs, and saying "Hey, push it out to THIS box" and thats about it.
I wish more user side techs had access/knoledge to do so

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Since late June, I've had 1 9865, 1 8642, and 1 4642. All set up in WH PVR. And the 8642 was able to see the recordings on the 9865.

Recently, something has changed. The 8642 has the house logo on its front display, but the only recordings in the menu are local ones. No sign of the recordings from the 9865. The 4642 can see the 9865's recordings just fine. I've tried rebooting everything except the 4642 multiple times with no luck.

Thoughts?