smart home monitoring no texting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

smart home monitoring no texting

I am having problems with my home monitoring.  When the system was first installed, I configured several rules.  When the rules were applied to events, text messages were sent to our mobile phones.  It worked seemlessly.  Then there was an upgrade and the texting ceased.  I have been calling SHM but I have had no luck.  Nobody seems to know whats happening.  THey think its a routing issues between rogers and telus but everytime I call, they do something and several days later I get a message saying that the issue has been resolved.  But it has not.  A funny thing happened yesterday.  We purchased new phones and set them up on the koodo network as per my old phone.  when I walked through my front door, the set rule sent a message to my new phone and my wifes new phone.  Since then I have not been able to reproduce it.  It seems that texting is not working again.   So in the past two years, I have received 1 text from the configured rule...that was yesterday on my new phone...not it is not working again.....does anybody here have any ideas about what could be happening?

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: smart home monitoring no texting

Hi @d_goodyear

Thank you for your post.

That's frustrating to deal with. Have you tried logging into your Smart Home Monitoring to view your rules?

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersPrasana

I've Been Here Awhile

after a ouple of years of frustrations...I may have figured this out.  For some reason, automatically blocked the rogers number.  I found the number in some obscure place on my phone as a blocked caller!  I am going to test when I go home today.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

LOL, that would do it.
Maybe you thought the texting number was spam... or that they used the same sending text number for some spam rogers advertising, and blocked it.

Mind you, I have a rogers cellphone.

But my texts from rules have always come through (i was an early adopter of the security system), so starting my 3rd year i think?

I've Been Here Awhile

whats funny is that I didn't block it....the message came through yesterday on my new phone and I said "looks like rogers fixed the problem". then the texts didn't come in again....when I went to blocked numbers it was in my list. like it went there automatically....weird.  maybe there is a setting for this...

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

@d_goodyear

Let us know how that works out when you test it out!

Message us @CommunityHelps if you still having issues and we can look into your Smart Home Monitoring service further.

@RogersPrasana

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, maybe some setting on the phone.. any 'unknown' texts it blocks?

Try adding that number to your ADDRESS BOOK as an entry.. that will often 'white list' things.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

All is good.  Looks like my phone blocked the number.  I will add the number to my address book to ensure this doesn't happen again.   Looks like this was the problem with my old phone also.   My wife and I had set up the phones on icloud so looks like the blocked number must have been transferred through to her phone also...I can believe I have been two years blaming rogers for this....Sorry Rogers!!!!  

I Plan to Stick Around

I am resurrecting this thread as I am now experiencing these issues. Not sure if it's a coincidence but shortly after Rogers upgraded SHM a couple of weeks ago, I no longer receive text messages when our alarm is armed or disarmed.

I logged into the web portal to check the rules and the two options 'Security System Armed Send Text Message' and 'Security System Disarmed Send Text Message' were disabled so I enabled them. Looks like this:

SHM Rules

I also checked my smartphone to make sure I didn't have any blocked numbers - I'm pretty sure I don't. Clarification on where to look would be welcomed. 

Anyways, I'm still not getting texts. I'm kinda stuck on what else I can do. Any suggestions would be welcomed at this time. Thanks.