cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Home Monitoring - Camera Continuous Recording

Daver99
I plan to stick around

I have has this for a few months now, and I purchased an SD card so that I could record and store video 24x7.  My understanding from the technician is that the card would overwrite when full.  I am having problems with this feature.  My card seems to fill up and stop recording which is not very useful?  Is this truly the case?

Overall, the system works fairly well, but even though the tablet has a battery backup, unless you plug your Smart Home hub & camera into a UPS, your system is pretty much useless.

38 REPLIES 38

Re: Smart Home Monitoring - Camera Continuous Recording

rbad
I've been here awhile

Hello,

my hub seems to be doing the same thing.  I wanted to check on some activity on my camera and nothing is on the SD card.  I had issues before last year and the Rogers rep gave me an SD card that should have been working.  I don't check it that often but I think it hasn't worked in a while.  In addition, there are other features that are not working and now that I'm not on contract anymore I'm cancelling.  I filled out a survey to ask someone to contact me with no response.  I was on hold for an hour and then the call was disconnected.  Currently I'm on hold again and it's been another 45 minutes.  So frustrating!!!!

Good evening @rbad,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how inconvenient wait times can be. I hope you were able to get in touch with my colleagues over the phone. 

What Smart Home Monitoring package do you have? Did you try rebooting the hub to see if it resolves the issue?

In the event of long wait times over the phone you can also try the Live Chat option for Smart Home Monitoring Support. 

RogersZia

rbad
I've been here awhile

yes and I cancelled my services.

kibosh
I plan to stick around
I have had this recording issue for two years now. The recordings just stop without warning or error. Rebooting the touchscreen fixes it for a while but then randomly the recordings will stop. Seems to work for maybe 1-2 months?

I contacted support and was told this is a known issue with the firmware. A known issue for this long?!? I was told to reboot the screen every once in a while as a fix.

Recently installed home monitoring system. Using class 10 64g sd card as recommended. Seems like my 24/7 recording doesn’t reset after card is full. It records for 5 days and then stops recording. Please recommend a solution for this

Hi @rsbagwell

I hope you are doing well and enjoying your new Home Monitoring Service! 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the recording feature. If you have noticed that the SD card has stopped recording, there are a few things you can try to remedy that issue. 

First, we want to make sure your camera is still set to record. To check that, on the touchscreen click on Cameras and in the top hand corner of the screen you will see an REC button. It should be an amber/orange colour to indicate it is on and recording.

If its off, then the REC button will be greyed out with a line through it. Press the REC button and enter your 4-digit master code to turn it back on. 

Next can you try a reboot of the touchscreen? To do that, on the touchscreen click on Settings - Click on Advanced Settings and then Click on Reboot Touchscreen. 

Try those steps and let us know if that helped. 

Cheers 
RogersJermaine

I have verified both steps before I posted here. Camera is in Rec mode and also I did reboot the system. After reboot again recording stopped after 5 days

Hello, @rsbagwell

Thanks so much for confirming the steps you've tried thus far.

We'll need to investigate this further to see if we can determine what is causing the recordings to step. Please reach out to our Smart Home Monitoring technical support teams to investigate this further. You can contact them by visiting rogers.com/contactus.

Alternatively, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

So I had a tech look into this issue. According to him this is a known issue and cannot be resolved. Ticket C173516461was created and I haven’t heard back from Rogers yet. My recording abruptly stops and I have to reset my touchscreen. To me it’s a useless feature if system doesn’t record and automatically resets after memory card is full. Can you please look into this? BTW tech also informed me that Rogers is planning to move video recording to the cloud. What’s the timeline for this?

Hi @rsbagwell,

Thank you for your post and providing your feedback! We will update the Community whenever there is a new feature added to our services. 

Please check out this page for all available information and features for Smart Home Monitoring.

Cheers
RogersJermaine

So Rogers officially agrees that this issue with continuous video recording cannot be solved at this time? If my video recording stops abruptly, what is Rogers doing to fix it?

Davidsj2018
I've been here awhile
Hi Tony,
I tried to send you a new message, I'm not sure how to do this as I just joined the community form.
I'm wanting to buy an SD card for out touchscreen to record, is it the 64 GB I would need and also I noticed that others on the forum had mentioned about full and micro SD cards, which would I need? We have had the Smart Monitoring since 2018.
Thank you.

Hello, @Davidsj2018

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

We can definitely assist you with your inquiry on which SD card type will be required for our Touchpads. If you look at the size of the SD card port on the side of the Touchpad it will give you an idea of the size of the card required. A traditional SD card is much larger than the micro variety.

Please take a picture of the SD card port on your Touchpad and post it to the community and we can determine which size would be required. Older Touchpads used the full SD cards but the newer ones now use micro SD cards.

RogersTony

Davidsj2018
I've been here awhile
Hi Tony,
Thank you for your response. I joined the community forum yesterday and I'm not certain how to post a photo. Do you have a community forum generic e-address that I can email you at?
Thank you.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. When logged in and composing a message, click the photo icon at the top of the box where you are composing your reply.  This will allow you to post a photo.  The photo may not show right away because it takes a few minutes for a mod to approve the photo.

2. You can click on @CommunityHelps when logged in and send a message (link at the top right after clicking). Also you can see the instructions for sending a PM below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Blog/How-to-send-a-Private-Message/ba-p/487946

Davidsj2018
I've been here awhile
Thank you!

This issue remain unsolved ever since system was installed. Recording stops abruptly and have never looped back. Need help to get this resolved. Have changed SD card, display module. What else can be don?

Still my recording stops abruptly and I need help to use recording feature. So far touchpad has been changed, microSD card has been replaced. Why can’t this issue be resolved? This has been ongoing issues since I started using Roger home monitoring system over a year ago
Topic Stats