Rogers Smart Home Monitoring

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Smart Home Monitoring

This may fall into one of those grey areas.

Are rogers supposed to install the cameras and where you want them? Yes.
BUT
They are not supposed to do any major work otherwise.. they do not fish cables though walls, etc..
So it can be limited to WHERE the cameras are and where they need to be plugged in.

Now, they have to be plugged in. 
They plug in to the back of the camera via a CAT5 cable, that then goes into the AC adapter which has a cat5 connector on it.  So it potentially doesnt have to be plugged right near where the closest outlet is.
If you say have a garage near by, you could run a longer cat5 cable through a soffit or something across to the garage and then into an outlet there.

Hello @aycee,

I can completely understand how important it is to ensure the cameras for your newly installed security system are set up properly so you don't run into any issues in the future.

It is very strange that the technician would opt to use an indoor surge protector outdoors, this is definitely not ideal as it is unlikely to fare well once exposed to the harsh Canadian winter. The cameras and the connectors, on the other hand, are definitely rated for outdoors. Was the surge protector provided by the technician or was it one that you had at home already? Was it installed this way because you have multiple cameras and only one outdoor power socket?

We look forward to your response so we can determine what the best course of action going forward will be.

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Smart Home Monitoring > Change Default Alarm State Order

Smart Home Monitoring > Can we get a feature to change the order how arm states are appearing similar to zone order. 1 ARM STAY

2 ARM AWAY

3ARM NIGHT
This would be a useful feature for commonly selected arm states on the shm panel and mobile app

Hello @naaanan,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forum! 😃

I can understand how convenient it would be to be able to re-arrange the order of the different armed states. We love to hear this type of suggestion and feedback from our customers. We will definitely pass this along to the Product teams for Smart Home Monitoring to review.

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with this great suggestion.

RogersTony

I've Been Around

I just had one camera installed yesterday and the tech stated to me that if one camera then 7X24 recording, if 2 or more cameras - one of them is 7X24 and the other(S) are motion activated recording....

Hello @gkoome,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

We appreciate you posting your concern in the Community, I know how important it is to have your cameras set up properly so you always know what is going on at home.

Currently, the system is only able to record continuously 24/7 from one camera at a time. The recordings are stored locally on the Touchscreen via a 64 GB Class 10 SD card which can store up to a week of recordings before it deletes the oldest content and replaces it with the newest content. For the motion activated cameras, an automation rule will need to be set up where you can email yourself a video clip when the cameras detect motion. You can also have video clips sent for a variety of other events such as the Alarm triggering, Doors/Windows opening, etc.

I know this probably isn't the answer you were hoping to hear but we're happy to hear any suggestions you have for improvement.

RogersTony

I've Been Around

I have three cameras and simpily set a rule for all cameras to record clips everytime they see motion so if someone enters your home all three will be recording as they are triggered.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey everyone, just had our system installed today. The “Aware” package, self monitored, with a touchpad. Couple of questions...

Do I need to use the N300 router they installed, or can I configure the system to work off of my standard router? 

Do I need the touchpad, or can I run strictly off the app? 

Im going to do some tinkering, but wondered if anyone else had tried these things.

thanks in advance,

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Sandymctyre

1). Yes you need to use that router as its only meant for the system to communicate and share the Internet between the touchpad, sensors, cameras and such

2). The touchpad is the brain of the whole SHM system.. You need to have this in order to use the system. Just like ADT and other systems which have touchpads as well.

I would be very careful on what " tickering" u do. This ain't a system to play around with as you can ultimately turn something off or shut off something important.
I've Been Around

Recording videos causes my touchpad to reboot... not impressed with this camera system.

I have a 64GB USB flash drive I inserted into the TouchPad.

I loaded the video time slot I wanted to save and hit the save to USB icon in the upper right corner.

It shows it is saving, but midway through it cuts out and says video is successfully saved.

I load another video time slot and did the same. Only this time it reboots the touchpad while trying to save.

It is consistent behavior and tested with different USB flash drives. I even tried saving one video and then put into my computer only to tell me the flash drive is corrupted. I'm getting really irritated and annoyed with this. 

I have tried NTFS and exFAT with no success. It even managed to brick one of my flash drives. None of my systems now recognize it or see it. Great, nice to know this system is garbage.

Seriously, the smart home monitoring is just plain stupid. It can't do the simple function of saving and backing up some videos I want. You can't even put a larger capacity card in and save for a longer period of time. It bricks one of my flash drives... this is just frustrating.