Rogers Smart Home Monitoring

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rogers Smart Home Monitoring

Hello, @NonSense

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how disappointing it must be for you to experience all of these issues with your camera recordings. It definitely should not be this hard to save your video recordings. =(

From what you have described, it sounds like there could be an issue with the Touchpad or the actual USB port itself. I'd like to run some tests on your equipment from my end to see if there are any errors we can detect. Please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can locate your info and get started.

If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please Click Here.

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

This is pretty useless IMO. What is the point of only being able to track 1 camera? It’s certainly reason enough for me to cancel my subscription.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The rogers system is never designed to be a full blown DVR camera system.
Its primarily designed for live viewing.. and as well for reactionary recordings.  EG: alarm goes off, record 10 seconds of video and sends to person X and Y.

Heck, even 2/3 of the newer camera systems are like that.  Most of your NEST, etc units, are primarily designed for LIVE viewing.  Most of them you have to pay even up to $10 a month, per camera, for them to record it to the cloud.

I have 2 rogers cameras.. and use them for watching the doors and recording video there when opened, etc..  and thats it.
I spend quite a bit of money to get a separate full DVR based system for other recording.

I've Been Here Awhile

Fair enough, although I am paying a subscription to Rogers ultimately so why not record it?

I do have a Hive camera and it records the last 7 days for free. Advanced recording and features are available as an upgrade.