cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Smart Home Monitoring

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around

How can an upgrad really be an upgrade to the security system when the addition of 24 hour recording requires customers to purchase new cameras to accomadate this feature? At 170 a piece I have 3 that in less then to years need to be updated. ROGERED !

**Edited Labels**

96 REPLIES 96

Re: Rogers Smart Home Monitoring

What camera do you have?

Let's start with that first. And I believe it's "up to" 64 GB memory cards (which are so cheap these days anyway), You can use anything less too... infact as Far as I have heard about it... I didn't hear anything about what actual memory can be used. I think the Touchpad can just handle up to 64GB so most technicians are advising the highest capable memory a client can use.

Personally I have a lot of android phones and GoPros so I have a lot of micoSD - Nature of interest I guess.

but what @Gdkitty said earlier in the post..., it is technology. Not everything is compatible with everything. (iPhone example was good to relate as well).

Or you can relate it to the Windows 10 Upgrade. Even though Microsoft pushed it out to every Windows 7 and 8/8.1 users. Not everyone could get it based on their hardware. Even though it was Free!

But I get you, cost is a crucial point to make as well.

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
I am good not spending more,will wait cameras are less then 2 years old, was one if first supposedly to get camera in Ottawa. Absolutely not buying new ones, have 3 thanks for comments

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RedBerry11

Yeah i see your point :).

@RedBerry11 I missed your comment about the Lock - It's on sale eh? Didn't know that.
Thanks 🙂

And @Meowmix did you try the extender they provide? It works so beautifully after! 😄

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
Not sure which camera I have but they are indoor /outdoor 1080p crystal clear, inferred with motion detector,what ever happened to that upgrade?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RedBerry11

The 1080p clear inferred model won't be released until later on. As i said on page one I was speaking to someone at Rogers which has all the information about it.. They said it's in testing right now and most have gotten the green light for it. They don't have a release date yet but Rogers will announce it.

@Meowmix

Why U bring hopes up? lol

So this infrared one is new?

I thought iCam2 was the infrared w/ motion sensor and that was the new one. (Which I just got recently)

There is a newer one that that?

Man! Technology never stops upgrading. ahhh.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ShakTiburon

The manager told me a newer camera is coming out with more tech. Also the current camera is NOT 1080p. It's 720p. Which is not full HD. So the next camera will have 1080p from what i have heard.

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
I was going by the security tablet one time I was asked by a tech while he was setting up extra cameras. I thought I saw 1080p. but it may of said high resolution, not sure.720 is fine.It is very clear.

720 is to me fine as well...

But of course 1080 would be better. 🙂

frreborn
I plan to stick around

Just curious, I have 2 (soon to be 3) cameras monitoring my house.  I see that Rogers has introduced 24/7 monitoring if I purchase a 64GB card.  I have a couple questions:

Does it need to be the card purchased from rogers?

Is it limited to just 64GB?

most importantly, Can I record multiple cameras?  It would be a pretty silly feature if I could only record 24/7 from one camera.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @frreborn

You can use any Class 10 64GB memory card which you can get anywhere as long as its a Class 10.

From what i know its limited to a 64GB memory card as i put one in last week & it worked but a 128GB did not work.

Hopefully Rogers updates it to work with a 128GB class 10 card.

frreborn
I plan to stick around
Thanks. Any idea for multiple cameras? Really be useless if I can only record one camera.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @frreborn

I am hoping you can but i only have 1 camera in my house. i am getting another one next month. Hopefully a MOD can answer this as i am looking for this answer too!

Hello @frreborn,

I wanted to chime in and give additional information as @Meowmix stated.

I myself am using a 64GB card (class 10) using the iCam1000 (Indoor/Outdoor) extra I had laying around (since I got iCam2000/iCam2 now for main use).

For the information about for multiple cameras or single camera.

It can be found on our website: Here (Click "Hardware tab)

SHM-TVR.jpg

Officially a 64GB is recommended, 'some' 128GB cards do work however it can not exceed 7 day/24hr limit. (Max recording can be done up to 1 week)

Also note, Micro-SD cards contained within an adaptor will not work.

(They were tested as not, if it works for you great but corruption may occur, same with 128GB as the limitation is to do with the touchpad)

Multiple cameras are not available currently at this time, only information readily available is the launch for one camera able to work with TVR.

Hope this helps and clarifies few things,

RogersShakir

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RogersShakir

Thank you for that info. That is correct. The SD card adapter does not work as i tested it with a 6GB & a 128GB as well.

Also that is correct. For the time being only one camera can be at a time.

frreborn
I plan to stick around

do I need to do something special to the sdcard?  I purchased a lexar 64gb class10 card (not an adapter card) and it tells me to stiill insert a new card.

Should i reformat it?

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
What does Armed Night mean and or do?Opposed to Arm stay?

frreborn
I plan to stick around
Armed night...no motion sensors active but akarm will go off right away if door is open

Armed stay...same thing but if a door is opened then it gives you time to turn it off.

Armed night assumes no one should be coming in the house while you are home

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
Thanks good to know.

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
Been over a year since I have armed system. One week after system was installed the neighbour's had a break in. That was a year and a half ago. The sticker s 3 cameras the sign almost assures that would,be thieves will go elsewhere! Prefer Armed stay the alarm noise is hard on ears.
Topic Stats