cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Smart Home Monitoring

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around

How can an upgrad really be an upgrade to the security system when the addition of 24 hour recording requires customers to purchase new cameras to accomadate this feature? At 170 a piece I have 3 that in less then to years need to be updated. ROGERED !

**Edited Labels**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Smart Home Monitoring

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
Periodically works to this day!

View solution in original post

96 REPLIES 96

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its possible that the other cameras dont support it.. with whatever is done software side to have the 24hr recording work?

Take a look at phones, etc.. its often very similar.

My iphone 6 upgraded to iOS 9, it is mostly  the exact same as say a 6s.  BUT.. there are some features which you can not do/run.. since that hardware does not support it.. i cant do it.

Same goes at home, i have the NEST smoke alarms.  2x gen 1 and 1x gen 2.  Do the firmware updates, etc on them.
Some of the newer features from the gen2, just are not available on the gen1.

Thats the WORST part of technology.. especially at high cost devices.. often can go obsolete very quickly.. and high value to replace.  (one reason i STOPED being an early tech adopter)

RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @Rdeberry11

I’d like to help in getting your issue resolved. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks!

RogersSannecia

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RedBerry11

I noticed that on mine but shows me i need a 64GB memory card to record 24hrs. So the camera i have is the newer version. See if they can exchange it for the new one.

I did speak to a birdy at Rogers Smart Home Monitoring which did tell me that they have a 1080p camera which is in the works right now but they haven't been told a release date or not. Excited for that one.

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
Rogers is trying to contact me I am not putting another penny into this system currently just the batteries that did not last more then a year.Are over 120 dollars. Only 6 batteries. Never was told that the batteries would be that much.My system is useless without them but cameras working will not be paying for 24 hour recording. FYI after contract done will be getting much cheaper much more reliable independent system.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RedBerry11

Hmm i wonder why those batteries cost that much :/. I could get normal Duracell batteries for cheaper. Are they made out of gold? Lmao.

Either way that is your way and hopefully the other cheaper meathod is reliable

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
Lithium specialty high end camera batteries, was out of the house lol 9 months, (ha ha) came home remedies initiated security system. Batteries dead in all sensors, go figure. BATTERY for rental pad was fine thank God it looks like a 100 dollar battery easy.CR2.3volt 5 of them and 1 more expensive that I can only by 2 at a time.lol only want one.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RedBerry11

Hmm i wonder. It doesn't matter if they are special high end batteries, if u are renting the unit the cost of replacement of batteries SHOULD be included.

Hopefully mine don't die that fast.

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
Well rental unit I assume would be done by them it had to be replaced when it completely failed to sound alarm lol it was so hard to convince them that when my alarm went off there was no sound.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RedBerry11

Then they should have a technician come in to verify it if they didn't believe it. I do see why but still. My motion sensor shows

- Tempeture - 0c
- Battery Level - 0.00v
- Signal Strength - N/A

Maybe battery dead on this? The motion sensor still show the red light turn on and off when I move around as its in a high place ( below the ceiling

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around

Was offered complete refund for system but at that point Han purchased 500 dollars worth of camera door pad key fab.Returned door lock after first one failed,they replaced it then tech did not leave keys was wrong color.Wife was fed up,just took lock out,when they came tech showed up with the guy who came to puck up lock. Tried to give me hard time.I said it would have been nice for you to leave keys.

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
Door lock was 300 dollars never ever worked right

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RedBerry11

You aren't the first person I have noticed that with. Some friends i know which got the Door Lock from Rogers had the same issue. Either stopped working and or never got keys. That's one main reason why I never got the door lock from them.

The camera i am still effy about as it doesn't let u do 1080P and 720p isn't the greatest either during night mode or even in light.

I noticed with the touch pad that if it's not near the WiFi receiver they give u, u will have problems connecting to the camera and all other things which makes it useless if u want to out the touch pad in my bedroom or kitchen per say.

Also seeing as my motion sensor shows 0 battery but was showing me 100% battery life when installed in October something is wrong.

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
Ya some times they say 100 percent and battery dead if it lights up it works,system never was beta tested you are beta test! Did you notice they never expanded and went after business market like they claimed they were? Have not noticed those commercials

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
Still selling expensive clocks to people for 19.99 a month for 3 months then jumps as high as 50 plus, a month. I will call OOP office if they ever try to charge me more then I have been paying for near 2 years for a system they are aware still has connectivity issues on cameras period. Try connecting your camera on line for a joke.

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
Periodically works to this day!

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
Lol do not call them you qilling go crazy they cannot even fix it!

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
You can sign in on Pc you have to find a specific login point to connect to camera mine are crystal clear 1080 p with inferred night vision it works.

Hey @RedBerry11

With my Smart Home Monitoring, they provided me with 2 wifi box, 1 the original Gateway. and second was an extender which I placed at the back of my home. So now I have a wider range for Wifi.

No issues connecting from touchpad, app or web-login. Camera connect with 2 secs when I want to see (The whole "Connecting to camera" thing).

As far as I know as long as you have iCamera 1000 (the original without motion sensor) it is to work. That is what the tech advised me for mine. I just need a 64GB microSD.

Just rolling out the Firmware is the delay for the older one. The 2000 (iCam2) is rolled out first.

Do you have the Indoor camera only? or the Indoor/outdoor camera? I have both the newer one and the older one but they are both indoor/outdoor camera. Which is iCamera 1000 (iCam-1000) and iCamera 2000 (iCam2).

The OC810 (Outdoor camera with the Antenna) & The iCam 1000 (Indoor/Outdoor camera) are both to roll out with this TVR function (After iCam2)

The RC8021 (Indoor only) is the only one I know that isn't supporting it. I assume it has to do with it's firmware - but didn't own it so don't know hands on reason about it.

And why are you people scaring me about the door locks? Smiley Surprised I really wanted it so badly! ahhh

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
Lock on sale half price,may try Weiser version, I did clear up my battery issue.Rogers will replace batteries for service fee,going to slip E-mail to OOP office, K.Same. I have so many issues I am sure she will waive fee.The batteries did not last much more then year. Door lock is awesome, had tech set mine,up I installed.recommend you pay for instalation!

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
Called tech support my cameras have motion 1080 p and are indoor /outdoor,they are in theory to be supported in later updates 24 hour recording is available on new HD camera 169.00. I am not buying 64 gig memory cards never mind new cameras.
Topic Stats