cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Smart Home Monitoring - Can Third Party Sensors Be Reused?

Jamiesmith1976
I plan to stick around

I am getting the system tomorrow but I already have ADT can I use their door sensors to connect into the Rogers app for home security?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Smart Home Monitoring - Can Third Party Sensors Be Reused?

RogersTony

Hello, @Jamiesmith1976

Thanks for posting your inquiry in our Community. 

I can imagine how exciting it must be to get a new service, home automation is becoming very popular these days.

The Smart Home Monitoring system is able to take over many existing wired sensors. Can you confirm if your ADT sensors are wired to the main alarm panel in your basement, usually near the electrical panel? If the sensors are wireless, we will not be able to re-purpose them for use with the Smart Home Monitoring system.

In order to re-purpose the sensors, we will need to have a service technician enter your home to install very specific equipment that allows us to take over an existing alarm panel. Due to the COVID19 pandemic, it is not possible to have a technician in your home to do the install. 

If you have many sensors from your ADT system, it may be a good idea to wait until a technician is available to enter your home to complete a full assessment and see if the sensors can be taken over. We would not be able to take over the sensors after the system has been installed.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Rogers Smart Home Monitoring - Can Third Party Sensors Be Reused?

RogersTony

Hello, @Jamiesmith1976

Thanks for posting your inquiry in our Community. 

I can imagine how exciting it must be to get a new service, home automation is becoming very popular these days.

The Smart Home Monitoring system is able to take over many existing wired sensors. Can you confirm if your ADT sensors are wired to the main alarm panel in your basement, usually near the electrical panel? If the sensors are wireless, we will not be able to re-purpose them for use with the Smart Home Monitoring system.

In order to re-purpose the sensors, we will need to have a service technician enter your home to install very specific equipment that allows us to take over an existing alarm panel. Due to the COVID19 pandemic, it is not possible to have a technician in your home to do the install. 

If you have many sensors from your ADT system, it may be a good idea to wait until a technician is available to enter your home to complete a full assessment and see if the sensors can be taken over. We would not be able to take over the sensors after the system has been installed.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation