Rogers Smart Home App Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Smart Home App Update

There are reduction in user options many people are making complaints on Google play. New update is ridiculous and is trying to make it easier basicly for them to sell more of the automation for your home. As usual for some reason the customers who are actually using the app have lost many features. Juat share a concern and let your views go to OOP. I fear this forum may be useless!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers Smart Home App Update

Hey guys!

Got the new update and one thing is the Landscape mode for the iPad Air 2 which i have. It doesn't work. Many complained about this too.

The other features seem to work as like they did before. However I really do NOT like the white background. New phones with OLED use single LEDs so when using a black background is better for vision too and the screen. Rogers missed on that knowledge tgere....

I like the new design of the app however Rogers should have done some testing before actually releasing it with a Beta version for some customers to check out..

Speaking to the OOP won't get u anywhere either as they relate the message the same way the MOD staff do here too.
I Plan to Stick Around

Honestly your complacent and have no real problem with the app? Why remove features and have customers beleive that is progress?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RedBerry11

I never said I didn't have a " real problem" with the app. Please do not put words in my mouth.

I said most of the features still work like they did before. I have had issues with the landscape on my iPad, and the design as said isn't the greatest. Not everyone will have the same problems as someone else.
I Plan to Stick Around

You cannot turn off the sensors to engage the alarm in my case. My mancave has a door sensor if the door is open now I cannot turn off sensor and turn on alarm. The temperature of the different sensors was also convenient because I could get an idea the house temperature from front door to bedrooms. The temperature of the sensors did give you an idea of area temp. Although Rogers said it was just the temp of sensor. Obviously it gave you room temperature.It did in my case. The cameras in my case do not come online to be viewed as much. I have the old app on another phone and it saves me. I still have the same options.
My apologies for being snappy did feel like you were OK with new update but I feel I upon reading your remarks you did feel more Beta testing could have been done.
I've Been Here Awhile

Many are unhappy with the new smart home app. I use it on my Ipad and Iphone. The Iphone refuses to remember the login and pw. I'm testing the Ipad to see how long it takes before it forgets. LOTS of people are giving this new update a major F fail and 1 star.  It is buggy, the new features don't work as intended and if the app keeps forgetting the login and pw, it renders the app rather useless. ESP for those of us who travel and rely on that app to check the condition of the alarm system and the smart home devices away from home. After all, isn't the system and the app suppose do BE "smart" and to keep us logged in as a SMART home app so we can MONITOR our home from our systems? Fix this guys, it's a MAJOR failure.

I've Been Around

Why have the battery and temperature levels been removed? Please add features not take them away!
I've Been Here Awhile

They STILL haven't fixed the bugs.  This app update is a MAJOR fail and we all deserve rebates on our bills as a result. I RELY on that app to make sure my home is secure when I am away from home. I use it to allow the cleaning lady in and activate when she is done.  THIS update now has decided that when I simply CHECK the status of my alarm, it BEGINS dinging, and requires me to actually disarm my alarm in order to view my camera and status. It took me 5 times to get the thing to SHUT off my alarm while I was in my house. I would shut it off on the phone, but it wouldn't register  on the panel. I'd try to shut it off on the panel and the phone would still continue to ding and tell me it wasn't disarmed. This APP is a PURE PIECE OF GARBAGE and I want a rebate on my bill. 

I've Been Around

This update is absolutely horrible!!! Bring back the old one that

I've Been Around

The Create Scene Return Home option does not allow your to add the sorts locks in any other state than lock doors. Why would I want to lock the doors when I am returning home? Come on Rogers.