Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

I just had Roger home monitoring installed today. Every time the door opens, there is an audible chime from the door sensors.

Is there a way to turn this off?

I would like to move one of the motion sensors, which is installed in a corner. I want to move it to another corner. What's the best way to do this?

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am on vacation but will be home tomorrow. There is a way in the settings to turn the ding off, just forget where.
(I myself prefer it as I have a young child. Know when they have snuck out :p)

You can move the sensors, etc yourself. But, Rogers would have no responsibility if they were places wrong and say were setting off false alarms, etc.
You can get them to come out, not sure if they charge for it tho.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To change the sounds

Settings
Enter your pw
Touchscreen
Sound
Hometone

Should be able to change it here.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for starting a thread on this, and everyone for their input and help, a few tips have already

become useful,

but I've searched all over the threads, and the net itself, but can not seem to find an answer to this,

so I'm hoping someone knows and/or may have already accomplished this.

We've been with Rogers for along time, with all the services, and just recently changed over to include

the home monitoring package.  The one thing I can not figure out with all the playing around with the features,

is there a possible way of recording the live stream from the touch pad and/or camera, to a dvr, cloud or external

hard drive ?  accessing the feed from the seperate netgear router , or network, SD slot, usb,  anything.

Something where you can record and store a few days worth of live video, as opposed to just short

clips when an event is triggered, like the front door opening.

We've set our camera up that includes a perfect shot of our front porch, leading to and including our vehicles,

as we recently had a break in one of them right in the driveway, and thought this would be such a perfect option

as opposed to buying a seperate outdoor camera/system.

Our tech told us we could easily enough install our camera outside under a high covered patio/porch,

and has the nightvision, and easily enough

wired into the house for the power.  But it still does not allow us to record live stream to store and view if needed.

Any thoughts or success already doing this, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately... the camera is one thing i DONT have in the system right now (plan to in the next year or two).

I think they havent included anything like this, due to the limited storage space on the unit.. 😞

If i do find out anything i will let you know.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you very much Gd

You will like it when you do get it,  Its a great picture, and wireless images not too bad at all as far

as lagging or freezing.  Its best suited for indoors, as they advertise, to be triggered when when of your door sensors or motion sensor goes off, and you can set rule to record a short clip, or take a picture.  And it does do that perfectly and great quality

even with the night vision its still fairly decent.  Without a sensor of anykind outside to trigger the camera with a set rule,

the live stream wouldnt help if someone came by again.  Luckily they only took change as it was my fault leaving my door unlocked, rushing in after work., so I think it was a "convenience" theft

more than a damaging or violent crime really, probably young kids but would love to see if they were known to us.

I was just hoping to take it to the next step and hopefully be able to access the live stream, and even store it on a cloud

service, or, running through my puter to an external hard drive dedicated to it.  A seperate outdoor system, even just

2 cameras position to cover the front / driveway, and one in the back is easy enough, and fairly priced now adays,

I was just hoping for the easy way if possible, since the live stream already exists. LOL

Thank you again, very much, your time and help is greatly appreciated.

Not taken for granted.

I've Been Here Awhile

Just curious who would pay for a police bill stating a false alarm? We were at home and did not set the alarm, but the police showed up saying that there was an alarm set. Later we had a rogers technician come by the house, and he eventually replaced one of the sensors in our home. Our sensor would go off about once a month or so over the course of 3-4 months, but that last time was different. Anyways, since the sensor had been replaced we've not had any issues whatsoever. I'm curious, are we the home owner stuck paying the false alarm bill (we went ahead and paid it) or would rogers cover that, since it ended up being a faulty piece of equipment? Thanks.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You would have to try and fight rogers for them to cover it, i think.

With the system..  when the alarm goes off.. false or not.. accidental, or by a faulty equipment.. they call center should contact you first at your first contact number.
If they cant get ahold, and if you dont have any other numbers listed.. THEN they call the police.

So you SHOULD get notification first... and have the option then of having them NOT send the police.

I had this a number of times, after i first got my Cats.. in the end had to end up disabling the motion sensors... but always stoped it at the contact center level, before the police.

Only other possible one, might be the QUICK pannic button.. it might do a direct call to the police, etc.

I've Been Here Awhile

In most cases it was a notification via phone etc where we had the option to cancel, but the last one where the cops did come there was no notification so somehow the quick panic was set, but there was no history of it being set on our monitor so it was a bit of an odd case. Thanks for the quick reply. 🙂
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a question. Thinking of getting RHM. But want to know the quality of the cameras and if they can zoom also how often do they record and can I program them to record ever x amount of sec or mins. Also Can I have the recordings saved to a dvr or a micro sd card? Alarm force offers wireless cameras curious if Rogers will go that way also since you dont need money to spend of wires.