Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Hi there,

I can't seem to extend the video recording of my video camera from the 15 seconds to a number that is a little higher.  I would like to be able to capture a longer window of time...maybe 45 seconds even?  Can someone please let me know how to do that?

Many thanks!

Hello @jerome88@crackerjack61 & @dwdilly

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! =)

I know how important it is to ensure the Smart Home Monitoring system is set up to your specific preferences.

@jerome88 At which stage of the setup process did you get stuck? Did it accept the login to your My Rogers Profile page? I had a similar issue trying to get mine setup and it was related to the login. please ensure you are using the same exact login as you use to access the Smart Home Monitoring mobile app. 

@crackerjack61 You can update Emergency Contact list/Trusted circle in the mobile app either on your Tablet/Smartphone or the on the website at www.smarthome.rogers.com. There should be a numbered drop-down menu on the Website to do this but you may not be able to rearrange the Primary contact but any contacts thereafter should not be an issue. If you are using the Mobile App regrettably, the only option would be to edit the contact itself each time in the order that you prefer.

@dwdilly Currently, for any rules that trigger a video clip, the only option is a 15-second video. You do have the option to record 24/7 if you insert a 64 GB Class 10 full sized SD card into your Smart Home Monitoring touchpad. You can record constantly for a single camera in HD for up to 7 days. 

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

How do i set up system auto arm? I want the security to get armed automatically at 11PM at night and then disarm at 5AM in the morning. Is there a way to set it up?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah should be completely be able to do.
Not sure via the APP, but via the website.

Go to smarthome.rogers.com and log in

- Go to rules, and add a rule.
- Set your days of the week (or every day)

- Do this - arm system

- choose which mode (stay, away, etc)

And your done.  Set up the same things for a dis-arm rule.

I've Been Here Awhile

Home Monitoring Live Web Camera (streaming) is not working on any web-browser.

There is an issue with the entire smarthome.rogers.com's flash player when it comes to "live camera streaming" experience. For the matter of fact, it never worked on the web browsers before. Yes, I have whitelisted the flash and allowed permission on the flash plugin settings, and it is the updated flash version as well. Fyi, I have tried on all the web browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari. Please see attached for screenshots. The only events that I can see are the "Saved Pictures and Videos" section but not live video stream videos. Fyi, all the mobile app works fine, but not the desktop web page streaming. Please fix this issue as soon as possible.

Ronald

01.png02.png

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just did some testing myself.

It doesnt work on Chrome, but that mostly makes sense as its trying to limit now its flash support.

I checked with Firefox, and it does work for me (with flash allowed for this site)
Capture2.JPG

Now, both of these tests were done on PC.  With you saying safari... my guess is your on a MAC?  Not sure if the FF for mac version works differently.  
Could be Flash itself for MAC thats working differently/not working with the rogers camera?

As I tested with IE, and its working there as well.
Capture1.JPG

Hello @ronaldanton,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums. =)

I can definitely understand how frustrating it can be to not be able to view the Live Feed of the cameras from your computer.

It should be working from all of the available platforms so we want to ensure to find a solution to this matter for you. If you are using Firefox can you turn on in Private Browsing or if you are using Google Chrome try accessing the camera feed via Incognito Mode?

Let us know if you are able to see the Live Feed then. We look forward to hearing back from you!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Smart home monitoring connecting to different Internet

Hi,

I have the Protect plan with Rogers smart home monitoring and I am wondering if this can be connected to different internet provider. Currently I have rogers internet however I am looking to know if anyone has connected the alarm system to a different internet provider.

Thanks in advance.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To my understanding, Yes  you can.

Much like how on the current, there is the smaller wireless router for the security system, which plugs into the regular cable modem/router.

It should work the same way.. just plug that router into the router/modem from whatever other internet provider.

I've Been Here Awhile

@GdkittyThanks for your response. That's what I thought too.. However the last call I had with Rogers confused me a bit so I threw it out here so someone can comment on it. The rep said I can only use Rogers internet with the alarm which did not make sense.