Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm New Here

Re: Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

just got smarthome security system. noticed that the motion sensor on the video camera is too sensitive and video is recorded even though there is no noticeable movement when watching the video. does anyone know how to adjust the sensitivity? i have checked the rogers site and FAQs but have not found anything. thx

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @NuUser

I don't think there is a way. I tested mine out and it seems anytime a bug or someone upstairs is jumping or walking around loud the motion sensor goes off and the alarm triggers.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You would be suprised on how/what can set off sensors..  slight fluxuations in LIGHT if they are pointed anywhere near a window, etc.. could even set them off.

We currently dont use our motion sensors due to the cats..
But even prior to them.. where one of our motions ones were.. was pointed towards our front window..
We kept getting false positives.. couldnt figure out why.  ALWAYS at the same time of the day.
It was when the sun changed positions and was shining, etc on the window, was causing it to go off.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

Does Rogers Smart Home Monitoring work with icontrol Networks Piper Security Camera? I have a icontrol Networks Piper Camera Security Camera system with Z-wave sensors.  Can I intergrate it with Rogers Smart Home Monitoring?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mfeighn

Unfortunately at this moment Rogers Smart Home Monitoring does not work with any other cameras other then the cameras they provide.
I Plan to Stick Around

Used Bell Internet,worked fine not sure if it will these days

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RedBerry11

Using another Internet provider won't do anything. The Rogers Smart Home Monitoring can be used with any other internet provide such without any hiccup that I noticed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Recently was calling in on another issue and they were asking me about my services and looking to see what else i could take advantage of.   Being around only 6m left of my original 3 year term, they said I could renew.

2 year term.  

Includes free:

- Indoor Camera

- 3 Door/window sensors

- 1 motion sesnor

- 1 wifi lightbulb.

Got that all set up.  Havent got the right spot for the lightbulb yet (still looking for the right lamp for where I want to put it).   
Added the other door/window sensors to the major windows.
Actually did not add the motion.. as the cats already set off the current ones 😛
(so if anyone is looking to BUY some motion sensors for a rogers system, i can sell you mine chaper than rogers sells them).
Camera is set up to the system, just have to mount it.

The new cameras, while they are powered.. suprisingly its not direct via an AC into the unit.  Its like an AC power injector cord, into a cat5 cable, then into the camera.
So for people considering, you dont have to have POWER right there.. as long as you can run a network cable to there.

We had also just replaced our front door.. so my wife was looking at new locks, etc.. and was wanting to get one of the touchpad keyless entry ones.
MOST of them for just the touchpad only (MAYBE a fob with it) are just under $200.  To get up to the 3rd party internet connected ones, are usually around $250.
We ended up going with the Rogers one, which is $250 as well... BUT ties into the rogers system.

Generally, just for remote lock/unlock, no its not 100% necessary, other 3rd party wifi ones would do just the same.
BUT.. I DO like the ability to CHAIN events.

(its one thing i havent seen in much other things.  Some limited abilitied with WINK connected stuff, etc)

Currently, I have a rule set, that whenever the LOCK is unlocked (so far tested with the key press and via the app.. not positive via the manual key entry) that it will DISABLE the alarm system.  Saves a BIG step, you dont have to do a code on the pad, and then again on the security system.
Currently dont have one for LOCKING.. as i dont want it to auto alarm EVERY time I lock the lock (as will sometimes do it while home, etc)  But i like that you can have events which are TIME triggered as well as as the event.
So i am debating making one for the MORNING.  Between 6 and 8 in the AM, any time we lock the door, will likely when we are leaving for work.  So set it ONLY then to alarm the system as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

Humidity sensor for RSHM?

I was thinking is there a way to get humidity values integrated on RSHM?  Like can a new supported equipment be added or maybe a new thermostat device with humidity sensors would be very preferable too.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For anything to be added to the SHM system by them in the long run, it would have to be one that specifically uses the same protocols that the other stuff does.
(so that may limit it from just adding ANY type of unit)

But units per say i am pretty sure exist.
I know my Lennox one (wireless internet connected, but not through rogers) does have humidity sensor and adjustment.

Just if rogers can add them, is the question.