Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Hi I will like to know what will be the best mode to set the alarm when we go to sleep and how that works! Please explain!!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, you should have 3 settings on the system for locking.

Arm Away

Arm Stay
Arm Night

Arm night, should be what you want for night time.

This one, normally will NOT activate the MOTION sensors.
It will only activate the window/door sensors, glass break sensors.
I beleive on ALL the doors, they are on a ZERO delay.. that if a door is then opened, it will IMEDIATELY go off.. no delay to un-arm it, as you my normally have when you arm to leave the house.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm just wondering what type of cameras rogers uses and if these cameras are able to pan and tilt as well as zoom.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The exact model, i am not sure of.. thats one of the items, i DONT have with the rogers system myself.
(i have the door sensors, glass break, motion, and the litght on/off modules)

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/smart-home-monitoring-hardware-new

Is the site which lists the hardware.. unfortunately doesnt list the models 😞

Just says, that they have day/night sensors.
I would GUESS there might be some zoom functionality.. but i dont think that they have any pan/tilt.

I've Been Around

Hello! Just a question.

I can see who armed or disarmed the alarm on my account from my computer but I cannot see this information from the app (smart home monitoring) on my phone. The history just show that the alarm was armed or disarmed in my phone. Can I access to this information on the phone?

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, no 😞

Thats one thing that i wish was there.. i have been asking for it to be implemented from the begining.

Now, to go along with the website update, they are suposed to be updating the PHONE app as well.. so possibly with the new update?

I've Been Around

Smart Home Monitoring System

My Home Monitoring System is not working. When armed, even if you open any doors or windows connected the alarm will not sound. It also do not register if open or close on the touchscreen monitor. Lookslike the sensor is not properly communicating.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

On the main status screen, where you are arming, is it showing all the sensors there?

You are arming it on armed away? And not stay or night?

Would be best to give tech support a call. They can try some stuff remote, and if not send a tech out to re-communicate them if that's the issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

Following up on my question about switching internet providers.

They may try some bogus comments to dissuade you. Like saying you need to set up the other provider before cancelling. Which can involve extra fees. They may tell you that you could incure fees by not using their internet if something happens at home? They might even refuse to give you a cancel date (try again).

My security system worked fine without internet. It just didn't send texts. I had an ip routing issue that Rogers was ignoring for over a week when I switched to a reseller. So I had the 'opportunity' to find out.

When internet was back up, I hooked up the Rogers router and everything was golden.

Cons: if you get a Roger's line reseller, they won't care if you are still a customer. You'll still get some potentially bad replies / support calls.

I was told someone would come by to make sure my home security system was connected to the internet : they sent a non-home security guy to pick up my modem and he was not authorized to assist.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Since making my initial posts for this thread.. many things have changed.. including the ablility to have a 3rd party internet service.

As long as your connection can provide a DHCP address to the netgear router, thats all that should be needed.

Obviously they cant gaurantee full connectivity at all times to it, due to they dont have control of the internet.. but it should still work.

---

Wierd though, i have never had a service call for the sec system which was a regular tech.. was always a specific security trained one.. different trucks, etc, at least in this area.