Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Smart Home Monitoring System

I'm having similar issues. The system does not carry any sound when door opens, closed or indicates that system is armed. Help pls.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Smart Home Monitoring System

I would try rebooting the pad first.

You can do it through the services menu I think..

If not, you will have to un plug it, and also pull out the battery.  

Hopefully a reset will fix it.

Trying to remember.. if on the tablet part.. if there is a volume up/down button on it.. maybe it was turned down?

All that failing.. get them to send a tech out.  The tablet is 'rented' with the service and not owned, so they can just swap it out and re connect everything.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Our home system was installed in feb of this year. The front door camera records/gives alerts when motion is detected. However, it only detects motions from bugs flying by or from the wind moving the bushes, it’s not alerting when actual people are at the door! How do I fix this??

Highlighted

Hello, @Grahamcarr

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I can see how being alerted for such minor things like bugs while a person is undetected is quite concerning! It sounds like the sensitivity of the pixel motion detection on the camera is set too high.

Please follow the steps from the following thread: Click Here to see how to adjust the sensitivity of the pixel motion detection in your camera.

Let us know if issues are still persistent on a lower sensitivity.

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

So we checked and our motion sensitivity is already set to "Low". The setting below that is "off".

And further thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hello again, @Grahamcarr

Thanks for looking into that setting for us. Since it is on the lowest setting already the next step would be to try to adjust the angle of the camera so it is not facing anything that can easily trigger motion detection.

You can also choose to enable 24/7 recording on that camera so that you will capture everything from that camera. You will need to insert a 64 GB Class 10 SD card into the Touchscreen to enable 24/7 recordings.

RogersTony