Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

**UPDATE**   I spoke with the Rogers Customer Service and they confirmed  the Touch Pad is indeed available in White. There is however a slight  catch. Swapping a Touch Pad is NOT a DIY project therefor you need to book a service technician which will cost you $99. The technician arrived promptly with a new white pad, which looks just like an iPad with full front glass. He set everything up and mounted the new pad on the wall. While he was there, he also replaced all the batteries in my sensors. If the Pad replacement is due to a problem or failure then I believe the $99 would be waived but if its purely for "Cosmetic" reasons then the charge applies. In my case, I consider it to be equivalent to 2 more cans of paint added to the budget which in the grand scheme of renovation costs, is almost negligible. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Noticed something today on the website.

The rogers smarthome is compatable, at least with some of the home automation items (thermostats, lights, etc), are usable with Google Home/Google Assistant.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/home-monitoring/partners

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gdkitty

Yeah i noticed that on their website in June. They were doing a promo where they offered the Google Home if you got the SHM services back in June. Great offer!

They just need to include Philips Hue, Ecobee and more. May take a while however.
I've Been Here Awhile

Not sure if anyone else experienced this......

The power went off briefly in my area (10 seconds). Right after that my system showed "Unable to monitor due to system error".

Then I get a txt message one hour later from Rogers "We are aware that you may be experiencing an issue with your Smart Home Monitoring services......etc....etc....etc.

Shouldn't the modem have reset and started monitoring again after the power came back on? I was advised to unplug the modem and reconnect it after a few seconds. 

Now how would I be able to disconnect and reconnect the modem and restore service if I was not home. 

So now do I have to invest in a UPS too?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hard to say depending on the exact error, etc.

A week or so ago, while everything else was fine at the house (internet, etc) there was a problem with the system.  Couldnt remote do anything, etc.  I even rebooted the touchpad, etc.  Still the same issues.
Got  a notice from them.
It ended up being BACK END..  their side.  So where the smart home talks to on the rogers side.

Other than that.. generally, the system should work durring a power outage.
if the power goes out to the touchpad itself, it will go into battery mode.  It lasts quite a while in this mode as far as I am aware, Its lasted at least 4-6 hours when power was out for an extended time.
Each of the sensors should continue working, other than things which require power separately (cameras, prob things like the thermostats maybe).
Now, that being said,  your power out, the internet likely went down as well.  This would cause it to loose its PRIMARY communication method of the internet.  But it still should fail over then to cellular.

I've Been Around

Trying to find out why, Roger's home monitering doesn't have a doorbell camera or another brand that could be compatible. Roger's needs to keep up with the competition.
I've Been Here Awhile

When reviewing or creating a scene, I noticed you can only ‘lock’ door not ‘unlock’. Can the unlock option be added?

Hello @JGoulding,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Being able to create Scenes is an awesome feature, I love being able to activate multiple rules with one tap.

I have confirmed using my App that you can only Lock the door locks and not Unlock. You can create rules independent of the Scenes for unlocking of the door locks. We have not been advised of why the option to Unlock is not available in the Scenes but we will definitely pass along your feedback and I am hoping we will see this functionality implemented in future updates.

Thank you for the great suggestion!

RogersTony

I've Been Around

Any news as to whether/ when amazon echo will be supported?

Hello @DavidPigott

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I am a huge fan of voice-activated devices so it was really exciting when we first launched the Google Assistant functionality for Smart Home Monitoring.

While I wish we had an update for you regarding the Amazon Echo, we have not been advised if or when the Amazon Echo will be supported. Once we have an update we will ensure the Community is kept in the loop.

I am hopeful we will see support soon and thank you for posting your question in our Community!

RogersTony

Order Now!