Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Exact same issue here and have had the system almost a year (the glitch only started a month or so ago tho). Can't view the live cameras form any computers (PC at home and other office, MAC at main office) but no issue viewing it on tablet or phones (both Samsung Galaxys) no matter where I am.

Hello @adn & @johnsondave,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

We appreciate you taking the time to post the issues you've been facing with your Smart Home Monitoring system. I know how important it is being able to view the Camera feed from your Mobile Devices as well as your Computers. 

We'd like to run some tests on our end to take a closer look at what could be causing this. We'll need to pull up your information on file in order to do this. Please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you.

If you are not familiar with our Private messaging system please Click Here.

RogersTony

I've Been Around

Is there a way to disable/mute the countdown chimes when the alarm is armed?

Our dog goes on a bark-fest for the 60 second count down, and if there is a way to disable the chimes, that would be great.

Hello @StevoDaGreat

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums. 😃

I know how freaked out animals can get at loud noises so being able to mute the countdown chime when arming the system is a great suggestion!

The countdown chime for Armed Away cannot be muted as the chime is in place to let you know you should be leaving as the motion sensors will soon become active. If you were to select Armed Stay or Armed Night there would be no countdown chimes. There is the option to have the motion sensors active during Armed Night but not during Armed Stay, if you'd like the steps on how to do this let us know and we can provide you with the steps on how to do this.

Please be advised when Armed Night the alarm will trigger immediately when a door or any zone is triggered even if its an Entry/Exit door. You'll need to Disarm the system remotely from the App/Website to avoid having the alarm trigger if you opt for this option. 

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

My Smart Home monitoring console is installed in a basement and has a very low cellular signal, is there any way to extend the range by adding an external antenna?

I've Been Here Awhile

What are the models of compatible IP cameras with Rogers Smart Home Monitoring?

I'd like to set something up outdoors ideally with a solar power battery so that it can connect completely wirelessly.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mydogtag

At the moment from what I know they don't allow any other cameras other then the one they offer. It's been asked since the day RSHM has been offered to allow other cameras to work with the system but Rogers hasn't said much about allowing them. ( I have the RSHM as well).

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mydogtag

They started offering Wall to Wall WiFi system with Eero. It comes with the base and a beacon. The beacon can be added anywhere to add extra WiFi signals.

I installed it the day the released this and works great with my cameras around the house and outside!

I've Been Here Awhile

Does the RHM touch pad come in white? I see several photos in the Rogers brochures showing a white touch pad. We redecorated our hallway and want to wall mount the touch pad but the black isn't really compatible  with our colour scheme.

Hello @mydogtag & @Spanky,

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

@mydogtag, Having a strong signal on both networks is important! We currently do not have a range extender for the Cellular signal. Is the Touchpad mounted to the wall in the basement or is it sitting on a desk or countertop?

@Spanky, I recently did some renovations on my home so I understand the need to have the right colour scheme for your new hallway. While we would love to be able to assist you with this we do not have access to the systems required to fully support Smart Home Monitoring customers. Please reach out to our Smart Home Monitoring Live Chat team by clicking here. You can also reach out to them via Phone by calling 1-877-696-6839.

Keep us posted on the results, we look forward to your responses!

RogersTony