Repurposing Smart Home Monitoring Equipment

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Repurposing Smart Home Monitoring Equipment

This worked like a charm

Tried to apply the same logic to the glass break sensor and could not find a device handle that can handle it. Custome code is available but for Zwave only. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello, 

I'm also thinking of canceling my Rogers SHS.  I can't seem to get an appointment in Calgary to get them to come fix their system being unable to connect to the internet reliably. (Booking 2 months out.)  I've had this problem for months and even after moving their router to plug in directly to the Cable modem still cant keep the internet connection alive.  

What do the Smoke/Fire Detector and Carbon Monoxide sensor use to connect to the Rogers System?  Are these able to be re-used with a different system?  Any advice?  

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

One thing I noticed that they install, the cheapest possible equipment, since the re-purposing, I had replaced the door sensors with Samsung ones @$30 a piece and they are working like a charm, they also detect vibration, motion and temperature. 

Their door sensors however, was able to detect the temperature with ST but that feature was never used with their native primitive system.

The carbon monoxide sensor I never was able to pair with smart things hub, and the motion sensor paired but never worked reliably.  I am still using the CO sensor as a standalone device, however, I suggest to buy a supported one by Smart Things. 

Rogers SHS is . all around, but worked semi well with their . hub/screen. The reason I cancelled the service was that someone broke into my car at the same time the camera did not detect it or record it.

Overall, I am happy to get rid of their service and their equipment, with the exception of the icamera2 cameras since I reset them and use them with ispy on a separate CCTV system.  They detect motion perfectly now and record every time.