cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSHM Change Touchpad Connectivity from Ethernet to WiFi

ybrik
I plan to stick around

My touchpad is currently wired via RJ-45 to the netgear router.

With the covid-19 situation, is there a way/procedure that I can  do to enable wifi connection instead of wired?

I just don't want a tech to visit my home during this time.

Thanks.

*** Edited Labels ***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: RSHM Change Touchpad Connectivity from Ethernet to WiFi

RogersMoin

Hello, @ybrik.

Thank you for your query, depending on the touchpad model it may be possible to pair it with the Netgear router for WiFi connectivity. 

The wired connection is recommended when possible; however, please reach out to tech support

at 1 855 381-7840, so they can walk you through the steps. 

Stay safe and well!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

smartpeople
I've been around

Yes. Its very simple. Have the home monitoring people give you a pair of 120 volt "plug link or bright view or PLA" which you can self install. Basically it takes the signal from the router and puts in into the house 120 volt wall outlet then you plug another of the PLA near your touchpad on your good.  july 17.

ybrik
I plan to stick around

This is my current setup right now and would like to go wifi. It's not as simple as disconnecting the LAN cables.

It's a matter of reconfiguring the touchpad and doing that will have to re-pair all cameras as what I was told. 

Please confirm if this is really the case.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I wouldnt think it would require re pairing of the other devices.
The cameras work off the same wireless network as the netgear router. . and are already paired there.. and talk to the pad just currently via the network cable.

Only thing would be to flip over the touchpad to connect to that wireless.

Though I dont think that its 'auto' if it was never configured wifi before.
It would need to be configured to that specific netgear routers wifi.

ybrik
I plan to stick around

Yup it's not auto connect to wifi when I disconnect the lan cable to netgear. It does nothing. I have to reconnect back.

I saw the installation manual of the touchpad and I have a technician's code to access the connection change from wired to wifi.  I switched it to wifi but it didn't connect so I reverted back.

I was thinking if the touchpad would need a restart after the switch to wifi.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You have tried calling in? they said they needed to have a tech come out? (which they cant do right now) 
you would think that they should be able do it over the phone with you, having you run it through the menu options.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation