cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Door Sensor

rickymwong
I'm here a lot

After you replace the SMC door sensor battery, do you have to pair it again with the control console?

Thanks!

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New Door Sensor

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @rickymwong

Not that I know of. The tech fame over and spent maybe 2-4 minutes changing the battery and started working again. No reactivation or anything.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @rickymwong

Not that I know of. The tech fame over and spent maybe 2-4 minutes changing the battery and started working again. No reactivation or anything.

Thanks then. I will try after I buy the new battery.

do any one know where to buy extra SMC windows/door sensor for the system, and can you do pairing yourself? thanks!

Not sure.. it used to be 100% locked down for the pairing.. but it may be more open now.. as some of the devices allow you to do self install.

As for getting them though.. not 100% sure.
The same brand ones, may be sold elsewhere for other systems.. and be able to be bought?
But you need to make sure they are the right ones, communicate via the same method.
(as there are many out there).

I have bought all mine from rogers directly.

Thanks!  How did you get it from Rogers,  I did not see any available for sale on the web pages.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/smart-home-monitoring-solutions-new?ipn=1#tab2

That shows all the hardware.

There are two different sensors there you can get which will work on the system.
May not be the exact same ones you currently have.

thanks for the info.

Can I do the paring myself for all bought products?

Again.. not sure.
You would really have to call in and ask.

I think SOME can, but not necessarily all??

The original ones.. as well as the NEW ones i added on later, I had installed by rogers as I was having a bunch done.

I have Rogers Smart Home Monitoring with 3 door sensors. I wanted to add a sensor for one more door. Can I just buy any new sensor, install by myself. Will Rogers Monitoring System be able to recognize it? Or do I need to get it only from Rogers?

Hello @surajjaldu,

I know how exciting it is to get more devices for your Home security or Automation system, the day/night HD camera and the Smart LED bulbs are my personal favourites.

The Rogers Smart Home Monitoring system will only recognize sensors purchased from Rogers. We cannot guarantee that any sensors bought from a third party will work with the system.

You can find a list of all the compatible hardware available for the system by clicking on this LINK.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony 

kimmal
I plan to stick around

Hi,

I just got Rogers SHM installed and now realize I need an additional door monitor.  Can I just buy any wireless door sensor or is there a specific made/model I should purchase.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

They need to be specific.  They need to be able to communicate on the same protocols as the rogers system (they are not wifi)

You can order them right from rogers, and they will ship them out to your house.

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation